Taycor Financial Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 26, 2017

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

*Disclaimer* I would like to establish that I am in no shape or form trying to tarnish the name of Taycor or the person who interviewed me. However I do feel the moral obligation to clearly lay out the negative and positive highlights of both phone and 1:1 interviews.

Base pay:

I applied to Taycor based on the impression that they offered a minimum "annual base pay" of $36K as their website says they do. Unfortunately that is not the case. Taycor offers a pro-rated base pay of $36K annually for the first three months as part of their "training program" and eventually as you begin to establish more partnerships you transition into 100% commission and no salary. Unfortunately, I wasn't told this until my 1:1 interview.

Real-time earnings of Account Executives at Taycor:

I was told in my phone interview that current AE's at Taycor were making a minimum of $60K to $80K in their first year, their website says $55K to $75K in the first year; I figured that the LA office averaged different numbers based on performance. In my 1:1 interview I asked the same question and I was given the same answer. At the end of the interview I said that everything sounded great but I wanted to know what the minimum that an AE in that current office was making annually and the highest that an AE in that current office was making annually. The answer I got was something along the lines of "that's a difficult question to answer but I can say that there is a lot of money to be made in this industry and before the downfall of the US economy some of our sales reps were making up to $200,000." I then asked again and told him that he didn't have to point out the actual AE's and what they were making but I wanted to know what the lowest producer was making and what the highest producer was making. He began his answer with "well that's a very difficult question to answer." I asked why and he said that it was because "this new program is only a few weeks old." I asked this question in my phone interview and in my 1:1 and both times was given an answer that insinuated that actual AE's in the LA office were making this kind of money.

Glassdoor.com reviews:

I was told told that I passed the phone interview which was the "voice over the phone test", then that I passed the 1:1 interview which was the "face to face test", and that the next test was the "writing test" which was to write an "honest review" critiquing the interview process at Taycor. I can only assume that all of the other candidates have been asked to do the same and that is why there are 9 interview reviews on Taycor; all of them positive and none of them are negative or neutral.

As for the positive highlights:

Hiring manager was very friendly and accommodating. The culture of the LA office was very easy going. Based on what the hiring manager said there is a lot of potential to make money in this industry. The hiring manager was very helpful in pointing out errors in my resume that will help me in future jobs I apply for.

In conclusion, I cannot say that Taycor is a bad company to work for. For those answers I would encourage you to search LinkedIn and ask previous employees about their experiences. I can only say that I did not have a positive experience with Taycor and their interview process. I hope that in the future they communicate with interviewees more effectively and truthfully than they did with me.

Summer Job Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I first learned about Taycor Financial on LionJobs, my university's career website. The job title was simply "Flexible hours, easy work," and I was able to apply online directly through LionJobs by submitting my resume. The very next morning I received a phone call from the supervisor, who was extremely friendly. He wished to schedule an interview as soon as possible but was understanding about the fact that I had final exams coming up. We arranged an interview for the next week, about one week after I had initially submitted the resume.

The interview itself went great. I was nervous because I hadn't been interviewed for a job since high school, but the supervisor was just as friendly in person as he was on the phone. He first complimented me on my resume and even pointed out the one slight technical flaw it had so I could make it even better. He then asked me to tell him a bit about myself. Next, he explained the basics of the company to me - what they do, why they do it, and how they do it. I had researched the company beforehand to get a sense of it but even a candidate who knew nothing about Taycor would have gained a perfect understanding of it after listening to his explanation.

He went on to describe, in a very honest manner, what my particular job would entail. He used the metaphor of building a spaceship: if you instruct one person to build a spaceship, they will have to learn an impossible number of skills and perform an equally impossible number of tasks to complete the ship. But, if you instruct hundreds of different people to learn just one skill and perform that specific task, the process has now become much more efficient and realistic. He also compared it to an assembly line. He made it clear that my job would be comparable to "tightening a bolt over and over" on the "spaceship", and that if I was not interested in performing the same relatively mundane task over and over for days on end, then I should not take this job. I really appreciated his honesty. When I asked what kind of task I might have to do, he gave me two straightforward examples: collecting the logos of vendors off of their websites, or evaluating vendors' websites to see if they are a company that would be profitable for Taycor to work with.

Of course I was not thrilled at the prospect of doing something so menial for days on end but Taycor seemed promising. I felt Taycor was definitely about to experience a lot of growth and that being a part of it would be a great experience. The pay is also quite good for such a simple job. Additionally, the supervisor mentioned that he really did mean it when he said "flexible hours" - if summer school got stressful and I needed a long weekend or needed to call it a day in order to study, he would gladly accommodate me. This is almost unheard of in a job and is obviously very appealing to a college student. So despite the relative unattractiveness of the job description itself, I found myself wanting to accept the offer.

There was one added benefit for me in particular - the supervisor noticed I had put down writing as one of my skills on my resume and wondered if perhaps I could contribute to some of the marketing that Taycor was starting to focus on. Being involved in press releases etc. really excited me. He even said that it could possibly provide me with a chance to climb up a step from the "bolt-tightening" position (though this wasn't for certain at all). Walking into the interview, I didn't think I would be given an opportunity to be involved in marketing or even use my writing skills at all, so this was the highest point of the interview for me. I enjoyed that the supervisor was open-minded and noticed a skill perhaps irrelevant for the actual job he was offering and instead thought of a place in the company where I could apply that skill.

He left me with an open offer and the option to take a week to think about it. I told him I had a couple more job interviews coming up and he urged me to take a better job if it came along. He also encouraged me to send him writing samples and even said that I may still be able to contribute some writing to Taycor despite committing to another job as my main job. I did not actually have many relevant writing samples on my current computer (i.e., news releases, reviews, how-to articles) so he said this wasn't a problem and that I could simply write a review here on glassdoor.com. I could tell he genuinely wanted me to excel, which was refreshing coming from someone who I had just met and who could have easily tricked me into accepting a job that would not utilize my skill set at all. I hope I can accept the offer to work at Taycor, even if it is just contributing to the writing and marketing.

Overall, I appreciated the kindness, flexibility, clarity, and most importantly honesty that I encountered during this interview process with Taycor Financial. I would recommend any interested candidate to pursue a job at this company.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to do with your psychology major?   1 Answer

Vendor Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I learned of the job at Taycor Financial through a friend. It consisted of an in-person interview with a review of my resume. The interviewer also corrected some slight mistakes on my resume to help me for any future jobs. During the interview process, it was clearly laid out as to what the expectations were and the question asked whether or not, the job would be a good fit. Additionally, it was clearly stated of how flexible the job can be for anyone who needs to work with a busy schedule. They are very willing to work with anyone, from any type of background, which was highly appreciated. Overall, the interview was professional and easy-going.

Vendor Relations Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I learned of the job opportunity through a friend at my school. I then sent over an email, with my resume attached, to the contact she had referred me to. I promptly received a return email asking if I would like to come in for an interview. We established a time, and the interviewer told me their exact office location and where I should park, which was very helpful.

The interview went very well. The interviewer was extremely friendly, and easy-going. He began by giving me a background and insight into the company. Describing the company as a whole, and the type of work that they do in the office. I had previously researched the company before the interview to get some background information, but I was able to better understand the company through the interview. He discussed the process of business that happens in the office, and how they we're looking for someone to help them with gathering information for their vendor database, whether it be gathering vendor contact information, or simply collecting logos from a vendor's website.

We then discussed my resume. We went over some of the past jobs I have worked at, what I liked about them, etc. He complimented me on the format of my resume, and kindly gave me some tips to help improve it slightly, which I very much appreciated.

The interviewer then went on to discuss the expectations of the job and what I would be doing. I had been given a brief idea of what the job would entail from my friend, and that it was not going to be a very "glamorous" job, as it consists mainly of repetitive computer tasks. However, the interviewer was very clear and honest in managing my expectations, letting me know that if I was not interested in performing the same tasks day to day, that this wouldn't be the right job for me. I really appreciated his straightforwardness and honesty in this situation, not giving me a false impression of what I would be doing.

He discussed the hours and pay of the job, and spoke of how it is a very flexible job in that if you have a lot going on and simply need an extra day off that it would be no problem. As a busy college student knowing I would be taking a summer course simultaneously, this was very appealing to me.

Overall, the interview was very professional and easy-going, and the interviewer was very kind and straightforward. I would highly recommend interested candidates to pursue a job with Taycor Financial.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing with your Finance major?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I discovered the open Corporate Inside Sales position at Taycor Financial through my school's Career Development Services online job directory. I uploaded my resume and cover letter Thursday afternoon and received a call to schedule an interview the following Friday morning, and went in for the interview Monday. Needless to say, the process leading up to the interview was quick, yet efficient. I spoke with the Director of Business Development and Marketing. From the beginning he was accommodating, providing his direct phone number in the case I needed anything.

I met with the same gentleman I spoke with over the phone. As the interview was underway, aside from usual nervousness, I felt comfortable. The interviewer started off asking about my standing in school and major to break the ice a bit. This lead more into my experience within marketing, brand management and social media. Then as I began to ask questions about specific duties and roles of the position, the interviewer and I realized a discrepancy in the position to which I was applying. I had only seen an opening for the sales position, while he rightfully presumed, according to my major and experience, that I was applying for the Marketing Associate position. I was excited there was a marketing position that seemed to be a better fit, but I also thought I should have highlighted or expanded on previous experience to demonstrate my compatibility with the marketing position as opposed to the sales position. The interviewer did not make a big deal regarding the mix up, so that helped to alleviate the embarrassment and regret. Overall, I think the interview went well and was not as intimidating as I had anticipated.

One thing that stood out, and that I appreciated was that he took the time to provide constructive criticism regarding my resume. While many employers may have disqualified me for the faults, he called them to my attention and suggested that I corrected them and send the corrected resume back. This gesture showed how the organization is willing to provide insight, and opportunities for growth among its professionals which is something I am looking for early in my career.

Interview Questions

• What are the types of things you have done in your class projects? How comfortable are you with the brand management aspect?   Answer Question

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

I learned about the Jr. Account Executive position through the company website although I initially learned about the company a few years ago through my university’s career website. After reading the job description I emailed the company with my resume and within that same day I received a phone call and was able to set up the first interview. I immediately received an email confirming my interview with an address and parking instructions that turned out to be really helpful.
         Upon arriving at the office I was immediately greeted by the interviewer who was also the person with whom I had set up my interview with. He directed me to the conference room and began the interview. The interview held in the conference room was one to one and very straight to the point of getting to know the interviewee. My interviewer did an extremely well job of explaining recent changes made to make the company in order to make it more efficient. I was also able to learn about an available marketing position I was unaware of which as it turns out is extremely crucial to the success of the company. All of my questions concerning how the company conducts business were answered very thoroughly. I was even able to get some feedback on how to improve my resume. The only thing that was left unclear was the expectations of the second part of the interview, which is this review.
         The overall feeling of this interview was good as it gave a great representation of the company and the professionalism in which it conducts all aspects of its business.

Interview Questions

• What are some of the skills you have learned through your work experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Culver City, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I came to known about the position through the company's website. I emailed them my resume and received a prompt response, to which I was very pleased. Scheduled an interview for the next day, went in and all went smoothly. Was interviewed by the head of marketing, not too stressful.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about marketing the business of equipment leasing using social media?   Answer Question

Internship In Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied for an internship in Taycor trough my agency "internscout".
    They invited me for a personal interview to the office.

Of course I was asked about my experiences in working and also about my education which I have done in Switzerland.

They gave me also a lot of information about the company and about my future work. I got a very good impression.

Certainly they asked questions about myself and my life to get a better feeling.

They had very hard questions one of these was the following question:
    "How would you find out how many streetlamps exist in the US and you are just allowed to use the computer"
    It was a tough question, cause I didn't thought in the easy way.

How would you do it at home? Of course, count the streets in the US and messure the distance between the streetlamps and count everything.
    Don't think too much just think easy.

Thanks for your attantion

Kind Regards

Karin

Interview Questions

• How many streetlamps exist in the whole US? you can only use your computer   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I originally heard about Taycor from a friend of mine who interviewed with them in the past. I found Taycor's website online and I decided to place a call to HR. I was informed to send my resume to the HR email address. Within a day or two, I received a call from a recruiter, and we planned to have a phone interview a week or so later. The phone interview went smoothly. I basically spoke about my past employment, and my experience in the leasing field. The recruiter told me that he would carve out some time for me to come in and have a one on one interview within the next few weeks, when they would be deciding on bringing more people on board for the beginning of 2012. I came into the office and interviewed with the same recruiter. The interview was very informative, and I really got a great sense of what was to come within the next year at the company. The office looked amazing, and the sense of professionalism about the work place really resembled the healthy reputation of the company. I hope everything works out, and I will be able to employed by such an amazing company that is accomplishing such amazing things!

Interview Questions

• I did not find any of the question too difficult or unexpected. Maybe it was because I had already developed a bit of a relationship with the recruiter before the one on one interview. The interview was more informative that interrogative.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I came to know about the position opening through an university job directory site. I received a phone response the same day I contacted the firm regarding my interest in the position. I was asked to go in for an in-person interview the following day. The interview process was positive and stress-free. The interviewer was clear in his questions and gave a good background of the firm, as well as answered any questions I had regarding the position. He went in-depth as to what the position would entail. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience; Taycor Financial offered prompt response to my interest and a positive interview environment.