Taycor Financial Marketing Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Taycor Financial (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I found the job posting for the internship on my university’s online career resource center. After reading the description, I emailed my resume and cover letter to the contact listed at the bottom of the page. The very next morning I received an email back from the same contact asking to set up a phone interview. He said he was very impressed by my cover letter and resume, and would love to further discuss my qualifications. We established a time for the conversation early the following week.

The phone interview went very well. It was not intimidating and felt more like a natural conversation instead of a strict, formal interview. The interviewer began by asking me about my previous position and the types of tasks I was used to completing. He also asked me what I ultimately wanted to do with my marketing major. After I described my experiences and goals, he proceeded to tell me about Taycor and what exactly it does. He used analogies to break down the definition, which bettered my understanding of the company and its mission. The interviewer was very friendly and willingly answered any questions I had about the position and the firm. After our conversation, he invited me to come into the office for an in-person interview the following Thursday. Immediately after hanging up the phone, I received an email containing directions to the office and where to park. This was extremely helpful because parking in L.A. can sometimes be a nightmare!

On the morning of the interview, I found the office and parked without any trouble. Upon entering Taycor’s suite, I was greeted by five or six people, including the person whom I had previously spoken with over the phone. Before we got in to talking about the job,the interviewer brought in my resume and offered me some helpful tips and constructive criticism. No company has ever done this for me before and I found it really cool that he wanted to better my resume, even if I did not end up getting the position. It was beneficial because he caught some structural errors that I never would have noticed on my own.

The interviewer then went on to discuss what my job would consist of at Taycor. He was very honest and explained to me that I would be doing operations management—SEO and credit transactions. Afterwards, he went on to explain the company’s business model and broke it down into multiple, comprehensive steps. I really appreciated him taking the time to explain things so slowly because it gave me an understanding of the company as well as what exactly I would be doing each day. Again, the interview felt more like a casual conversation and I felt like I really fit in with the modern company culture. Apart from discussing the job, the interviewer also noted that my hours would be flexible. He told me he needed someone for Tuesdays and Thursdays and that I could pick any other day of the week to come in. He completely understood that I had a busy schedule and reassured me that if I needed to take a day off, it would be no problem. As a busy college student, I really appreciated this flexibility because I would be balancing 5 courses and an internship!

He concluded the interview by offering me the position and I readily accepted. The interview experience with Taycor Financial was highly positive, and I would recommend anyone to pursue a career there.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourself doing with your marketing major in the future?   Answer Question