Teach For China Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach For China Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Teach For China

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Changsha, Hunan (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For China (Changsha, Hunan (China)) in March 2015.

Interview

The interviewer is very nice. The whole process lasts about 1.5 hours and we have a good conversation with each other. It was not intense at all. The interview was done through skype because I could not make it to the interview place. The first part is a mock teaching and you were asked to prepare for a lesson whatever you like. Of course you could prepare it in advance. The second part is some kind of assumed situation you may meet if you became one of the TFC teachers. The third part is some open questions such as why you choose TFC or some skills you have.

Interview Questions

• 1. A mock teaching where you are asked to prepare for a 20 minutes class.
    2. Some assumed situations where your students' grades were not improved by your teaching; what if your teaching idea has a conflict with the president.
    3. Ask you to analyze your students' grades improvement during the semester and show how you should adjust your strategy.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach For China

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For China in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was granted a skype interview. Despite the fact that I am a good student and a leader on the college campus, the interviewer did not ask me any questions beyond the most basic that were quite clearly listed as mandatory questions by TFC. He didn't really listen to my answers (never responded to what I said), but if he disagreed, would cut me off and ask me to "stay on topic." The interviewer went to a top liberal arts college and this was evident as day as his tone was condescending. Ultimately, I did not go on to the next round (which surprised the recruiter who recruited me. She sent me a personalized e-mail telling me she was upset I was not accepted to the next round) because I did not see the attachment reading - make sure you do this as you are pretty much disqualified if you don't read the article. I've had many interviews since, and some before, and have to say it was one of the most unpleasant interview experiences I've ever had.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
    • From the reading and your experience, what evidence is there that there is an education gap in China?   Answer Question