Teach For India Fellow Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach For India Fellow Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.3

Fellow Interview

Interview

Submission of application followed by a phone interview- mostly behavioral followed by a assessment session- includes a 5 min teaching sample, interview and 2 role-plays as well as a problem solving test.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with a class that is succeeding differentially.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach For India

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach For India (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

The assesment day consisted of two parts- a short lesson of 5 minutes and a final 1:1 interview of 40 minutes.

The 5 minutes lesson went well and when I went for the interview there was only one interviewer. She was asking me questions and also typing herself in her laptop which was little uncomfortable to me as I wasn't sure if she was listening me properly.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself?   1 Answer
    • A hypotetical situation: you are a teacher in a school teaching 3rd graders and your principal hasn't hired an english teacher even when he promised that he would soon. how would you convinve him?   1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (Kolkata (India)) in May 2016.

Interview

One of the most intense interview processes i have ever face. Its a 4 stage selection process. The first includes writing essays as part of completing your application. The second is writing an aptitude test online. The third is a phone interview and then the fourth is a whole day selection process where in different phases different skills will be judged. it ends with a personal interview which lasts for about 1.5 hrs for the final selected few.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Extensive online application process including 4 essays and detailed summaries of professional, academic, and leadership experiences. After this, there was a short online test to determine how we would act in several teaching scenarios. After being selected, there was a 2 hour skype interview set up. I had to this interview in lieu of the assessment day at the center since I was applying internationally. The 2 hour interview included a 5-minute teaching exercise, which I had prepared in advance. This was followed by an interview where I talked about my experience and several role-playing exercises where I was a fellow working in a school. There was a short online quiz after this and I was then allowed to ask questions. All in all, it was an extensive and great experience. I wish I could have accepted my offer.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing- I was a fellow and she was the principal at the school. I had to convince her that it was a good idea to implement regular Parent-teacher meetings.   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy application, followed by a day of activities of a pre-announced date- there was a mock teaching exercise, a group activity, a basic written test and a final interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a pressing problem you've faced (preferable examples in a group, or with another individual) and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview experience was good. They gave us a group assignment and we had to work on that. We also had to teach. They asked about past experiences etc etc. Glassdoor why are u forcing to write 30 more words . i do not know what to write.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India (Hyderabad (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

The selection process consists of four stages:
    1. Filling an online application form. You are asked for an extensive resume highlighting your leadership skills, a few questions about your most challenging moment, strengths, weaknesses etc., and a couple of essays about education and Teach for India.
    2. Online aptitude test.
    3. Once your application is selected, there is a phone interview (of half an hour duration).
    4. If you are through, you are invited to the assessment centre for day-long procedures:
    a) Sample teaching activity
    b) Group discussion
    c) Written aptitude test
    d) Post the midday assessment, if you are selected, you appear for the personal interview.

Interview Questions

• 1. In the online application, you are asked for an extensive resume highlighting your leadership skills, a few questions about your most challenging moment, strengths, weaknesses etc., and a couple of essays about education and Teach for India.
      2. In the online test, there are two sections - One of english grammar and comprehension and another on logical reasoning and mathematical aptitude. Pretty basic stuff but watch the time.
      3. In the phone interview, you are basically questioned in detail about your resume and your answers in the online application form.
      4. In the assessment centre activities,
      a) Sample teaching plan: You are informed of four options for the sample teaching activity upfront and you can pick one of them. Ex: Mathematics for Grade 2, Science for Grade 4 etc.
      b) Group discussion: Pretty basic. We were asked to act as fellows and arrive at a proposal on how to spend our funds.
      c) Written aptitude test: Similar to the online test earlier but no english questions. Mostly teaching related passages and reasoning / DI questions based on the passages.
      d) Personal interview: Bunch of behavioural + resume questions, couple of short role playing situations.
      Answer Question

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach For India (Hyderabad (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

Stage 1:
    The first stage consists of applying online on Teach For India's website, where apart from personal details one needs to essays
    Stage 2:
    The second stage would consist of an online interview where questions will be asked to assess your candidature for fellowship
    Stage 3:
    The third stage would be calling you for an assessment center which goes on an entire day, typically, you will be asked to come with a 2-minute lesson plan
    1)Round-1 of the day will start with you being asked to execute your lesson plan in front of other candidates
    2)Round-2 will be a group discussion for about 15-20 minutes
    3)Round-3 will be personal interview round which will consist of role-playing

Interview Questions

• 1)Tell us about yourself?
      2)Why TFI?
      3)What would be bringing onto the table if take you in/past leadership experiences?
      4)What are your long term plans or post-fellowship plans?
      5)A problem in based on a real life situation that one may face as a fellow in a Role-play model.
      1 Answer

Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach For India.

Interview

Online applicatoin --> Telephonic interview (only if necessary) --> Assessment Center

Online applications are to be submitted as per deadlines indicated on the website.

Within 2-3 weeks a notification for either telephonic interview or invitation to assessment center is received.

At the assessment center there is a 5 min teaching skills test followed by a GD and aptitude test. At the end if cleared all three rounds then there will be a personal interview which will include a role play.

Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teach For India (New Delhi (India)) in December 2012.

Interview

They have an online application with deadline , where we need to fill an autobiographical form . IT is so detailed and comprehensive to sum up your whole life . It it gets shortlisted we are called for Face to face round . Which is whole day long . We go for introduction round then we take up a 5 minutes lesson plan and go for a 5 minutes long teaching session . It is elimination round and then if selected we are called for GD and a short written test . followed by a personal round of interview .