Cover image for Teach for America

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America 2013 Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive100%
Applied online100%
4.0
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in Apr 2013

Interview

The interview process was extensive and exhaustive, lasting from morning to late afternoon. Along with giving a sample lesson in front of the other candidates, there were group and individual interviews. The interviewer was thoughtful and intuitive.

Interview Questions
  • What experiences in your life draw you to this work?
    Answer Question
  • How did your experiences working with children influence your decision to apply to TFA?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2013

Interview

Teach for America has five cycles of over month long interviewing sessions per year, the timeline for which is all available on their website. In sum, it starts with an online application, continues to a phone interview, and culminates in a final, in person interview.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever missed a deadline? Do you regret any decision that you have made in the past? What would make you quit teaching? Which is more important - creating a supportive environment for your students or expecting high academic performance?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Teachers

199.5K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Teach for America~105049
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Hanover, NH) in Sep 2012

Interview

I skipped over the phone interview and went right to the final day interview. It started early in the morning--12 applicants and 2 recruiters in the room. We first went around and did our lesson plans with the interviewees and recruiters pretending to be students. We then broke into 2 groups to do the group interviews--we were asked to analyze a scenario in a school and what should be done to address the problems, etc. We then received a role play scenario to prepare for (e.g. you play teacher and recruiter plays reluctant principal), and we signed up for time slots to do the individual interview, which involved typical interview questions and the role play. I remember being asked to elaborate upon one of my past experiences, why I wanted to join TFA, and how I stay organized. During the entire interview, the recruiter was typing down basically everything I said while responding in a very friendly manner.

Interview Questions
  • What would cause you to quit TFA?
Be the first to find this interview helpful