Teach for America Administrative Support Role Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Administrative Support Role Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America in July 2011.

Interview

Probably one of the most awkward, disenchanting interviews I have ever been a part of. I have never had an employer de-motivate me in regards to a company, ever! The human assists individual calls me up at the exact time we agreed upon through e-mail. He asks the usual questions. i.e. Why do you want to be a part of this team, what can you offer, etc etc etc. The interview went roughly 45 minutes and I thought it went extremely well. Of course we got to the end of the interview and he asked me if I had any questions and I said yes, what is the promotion potential with this organization? He goes on to tell me that he could only think of one person he knew of that promoted from an administrative support position. Whether or not he intended to, he made the job seem like it was a dead end position. He also promoted the administrative support role as being something that was more like a personal assistant to the executives than anything else and doing secretarial work would be my main day to day mission. This was definitely not something someone with a college degree wants to hear. Of course my final question was, "Where do we go from here?" He then proceeded to tell me something that blew me away with disappointment, he said that his interview notes, along with my application and resume will go in to a hiring pool and when the different regions look to hire they will refer to this pool. This was surprising because it leaves you flapping in the wind in regards to a yes or no answer. I told him I appreciated the honesty because I didn't want to turn down other offers while waiting. All and all the organization's interview process leaves a lot to be desired and had they offered I probably would have declined based solely on the lack of promotion potential.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer
  • Name a time where you had to overcome a difficult obstacle and how you did it?   1 Answer