Find jobs for Assistant

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 28, 2015

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive100%
Applied online100%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Oct 2015

Interview

It took about a month and a half. I was contacted 2-3 weeks after applying online. First interview is a phone screening with an HR person. Very general questions about my experience and interest in TFA's mission. Next came a phone interview with two staff members in the department. This one was the most in depth but still mostly general questions you'd expect in an interview. Next I was emailed a written assignment that resembled things I might have to do in the position. You're given two days to do it but told to only take two hours. Finally, there was an interview with the person who would have been my direct superior. This was short with only a few questions. This is also when they ask for your references.

Interview Questions
  • How do you stay organized?
    Answer Question
  • Which of the TFA core values do you identify with most?
  • Tell us about a time you missed a deadline.
  • Talk about a project you managed recently and how you stayed organized and got everything done.
5 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Teach for America in Jul 2015

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She was also very open to answering any questions I had about the position. The interview lasted almost 35 minutes. I would suggest to be prepared for the interview. Even though it is only a phone screening, they are very interested to know why you are applying for this position in particular. Be prepared to explain why you are the best candidate to pick, and what you will bring to the company if you move forward in the interview process. The next part of the interview process would be to speak with the hiring staff. They would contact me within two weeks after the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions
  • General interview questions. Do I feel comfortable with the responsibilities of the position? Does this work motivate me? etc.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

11d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Washington, DC) in Aug 2014

Interview

The interview was a very long process. You start with a call from a HR representative that is scoping out your resume and gaining information about your resume. Then, you go to 1st round phone interview with the specific job you are applying for. Next, 2nd round phone interview plus an emailed assignment. Lastly, you go into an in-house recruiting interview.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Washington, DC) in Jun 2010

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a member of their Human Assets team, who asked me basic questions I would expect in any interview process. Then, I interviewed in person with members of the sub-team I applied to join. Finally, I interviewed with other members of the larger team to which that sub-team belongs. I got the impression that the key interview was the second one - the first was more of a screen, and the final was more to make sure I could get along with the people I would be working with on the periphery.

Interview Questions
  • They asked me to explain what their team did. In theory, it sounds like an easy question to answer, but looking someone in the eye and telling them what exactly it is that they do was surprisingly difficult.