Teach for America Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Assistant Interview Questions

2.6

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Washington, DC) in October 2015.

Interview

It took about a month and a half. I was contacted 2-3 weeks after applying online. First interview is a phone screening with an HR person. Very general questions about my experience and interest in TFA's mission. Next came a phone interview with two staff members in the department. This one was the most in depth but still mostly general questions you'd expect in an interview. Next I was emailed a written assignment that resembled things I might have to do in the position. You're given two days to do it but told to only take two hours. Finally, there was an interview with the person who would have been my direct superior. This was short with only a few questions. This is also when they ask for your references.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teach for America in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and made me feel very comfortable. She was also very open to answering any questions I had about the position. The interview lasted almost 35 minutes. I would suggest to be prepared for the interview. Even though it is only a phone screening, they are very interested to know why you are applying for this position in particular. Be prepared to explain why you are the best candidate to pick, and what you will bring to the company if you move forward in the interview process. The next part of the interview process would be to speak with the hiring staff. They would contact me within two weeks after the initial phone screening.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions. Do I feel comfortable with the responsibilities of the position? Does this work motivate me? etc.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was a very long process. You start with a call from a HR representative that is scoping out your resume and gaining information about your resume. Then, you go to 1st round phone interview with the specific job you are applying for. Next, 2nd round phone interview plus an emailed assignment. Lastly, you go into an in-house recruiting interview.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Washington, DC) in June 2010.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview with a member of their Human Assets team, who asked me basic questions I would expect in any interview process. Then, I interviewed in person with members of the sub-team I applied to join. Finally, I interviewed with other members of the larger team to which that sub-team belongs. I got the impression that the key interview was the second one - the first was more of a screen, and the final was more to make sure I could get along with the people I would be working with on the periphery.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain what their team did. In theory, it sounds like an easy question to answer, but looking someone in the eye and telling them what exactly it is that they do was surprisingly difficult.   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in October 2009.

Interview

I applied online and was called within 4 days to do a phone interview. I did another phone interview after that and was given a mock assignment to do. The next phone interview was an opportunity to discuss the project and my decision making process. Next I was flown in for in person interviews with the team. Followup was prompt up until the final stage. Perhaps they were having difficulty making a decision. Enthusiasm for ed reform goes a long way, but ultimately, I wasn't confident in my ability to do the job, and it showed.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep organized? I was asked this several times, and I never felt I got this right.   Answer Question