Cover image for Teach for America

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 7 of over 1.1K interviews

Employee Referral17%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

I applied online and was asked to participate in a brief initial phone interview. Questions asked were standard first interview questions. Followed question/answer format - less of a conversation.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for this organization?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

I applied for the position online, received a response two weeks later to set up an initial phone interview with the recruiter. First phone conversation went about 40 minutes with a lot of talk about the organization. The following week, I received an email notifying me I was moving forward in the process and scheduled a followup phone interview with the direct manager for the role. Following that conversation, with at least three additional steps in the process, they chose not to pursue me further.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

1d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Interview involved three role plays simulating the role and how I would handle difficult conversations with current and prospective corps members. Additionally, I explained my organization process and answered more typical interview questions. I met with two interviews, my prospective manager and her superior. They alternated asking me questions and explaining the role play scenarios, then both gave me feedback following the role plays. Prior to the interview, I had to complete a series of activities simulating the role, which we then discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you had conflicting tasks to complete in a day and it didn't seem that you could finish all of your responsibilities?
8 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Interview was fair - lasted about one hour. Talked mostly about past experience and the job description. I was asked to email the interviewer if I was still interested and he would send me a mock project description. Received the mock project description the following Monday, was given 2 hours to work on it. Received an email about 10 days letter saying that I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

I applied for the position via the online application process. Prior to that I was connected by a current employee to the hiring manager for the region (a difference between the actual person/team hiring). She gave her my resume and I applied after that. I received an email inviting me to an interview. I completed a phone interview and then was invited for a second in person interview. After accepting and setting up the interview I received a project I was to complete. I was very impressed with the building and felt like I was in a very professional setting. Having worked in non-profit my whole career, this was the nicest setting I had ever seen. The people were very nice but very strict throughout the interview. i could not get a read on whether I was performing well or not. I felt confident in my answers and ability to perform the job according to their vision.

Interview Questions
  • Getting a good sense on how the interviewer felt I performed on the activity given to complete before the interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Detroit, MI) in Apr 2013

Interview

One initial phone interview followed by a skills exercise, where they ask you to create a project plan, and a final in-person interview. Really nice environment and people, interview wasn't hard as long as you show your passion for TFA and their mission. Lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • One of TFA's core values is Team, can you please tell us how you work in a team? What is one thing the time you work with likes about you and what is one thing that could be improved?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in Nov 2009

Interview

Because my interview was over the phone, I didn't get a sense for the work culture, but I'm a big fan of the organization. The position was with TFA's summer institute to train new corps members. The interviewer was cordial, but from the beginning, the position didn't seem to be a great fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed