Teach for America Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Coordinator Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Interview involved three role plays simulating the role and how I would handle difficult conversations with current and prospective corps members. Additionally, I explained my organization process and answered more typical interview questions. I met with two interviews, my prospective manager and her superior. They alternated asking me questions and explaining the role play scenarios, then both gave me feedback following the role plays. Prior to the interview, I had to complete a series of activities simulating the role, which we then discussed in the interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had conflicting tasks to complete in a day and it didn't seem that you could finish all of your responsibilities?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Interview was fair - lasted about one hour. Talked mostly about past experience and the job description. I was asked to email the interviewer if I was still interested and he would send me a mock project description. Received the mock project description the following Monday, was given 2 hours to work on it. Received an email about 10 days letter saying that I did not get the offer.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I applied for the position via the online application process. Prior to that I was connected by a current employee to the hiring manager for the region (a difference between the actual person/team hiring). She gave her my resume and I applied after that. I received an email inviting me to an interview. I completed a phone interview and then was invited for a second in person interview. After accepting and setting up the interview I received a project I was to complete. I was very impressed with the building and felt like I was in a very professional setting. Having worked in non-profit my whole career, this was the nicest setting I had ever seen. The people were very nice but very strict throughout the interview. i could not get a read on whether I was performing well or not. I felt confident in my answers and ability to perform the job according to their vision.

Interview Questions

• Getting a good sense on how the interviewer felt I performed on the activity given to complete before the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Detroit, MI) in April 2013.

Interview

One initial phone interview followed by a skills exercise, where they ask you to create a project plan, and a final in-person interview. Really nice environment and people, interview wasn't hard as long as you show your passion for TFA and their mission. Lots of behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• One of TFA's core values is Team, can you please tell us how you work in a team? What is one thing the time you work with likes about you and what is one thing that could be improved?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

Because my interview was over the phone, I didn't get a sense for the work culture, but I'm a big fan of the organization. The position was with TFA's summer institute to train new corps members. The interviewer was cordial, but from the beginning, the position didn't seem to be a great fit.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to Teach for America?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about any relevant experience you have in organizing large events.   Answer Question