Teach for America Corp Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Corp Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 13, 2017

3.5

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Once passing the 1st application phase, you go through a phone interview. During this interview they asked standard behavioral questions focusing on leadership skills. The difficult twist was that every question was within an obscure role on my resume, which I have heard is standard. The final round of interview was an all day experience. If you are truly passionate about the role and comfortable as a teacher it is not difficult. Interviewers were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Corps Member Interview

Interview

online application, in-person interview. began in a group of 10 with 5 minute lesson plan demos. Very important to practice these and be very comfortable with presenting the lesson as well as answering possible questions by "students" who may have a tough time with the lesson. Then group activity discussing options concerning local school funding policies followed by a 1 on 1 interview.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in January 2017.

Interview

1) 5 minute sample teaching lesson
    2) 15-20 minute group problem-solving and consensus building activity
    3) 20-30 minute presentation on Teach for America, its mission, and areas of particular need
    4) Sign up for individual interviews based on availability
    5) 45 minute individual interview

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

There was an online application, plus an in person-interview (I skipped the phone interview process). The in-person interview was intense, a written test, a group cooperative activity, a sample lesson and then an individual interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever quit anything or would you ever consider quitting anything?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Very thorough interview process with 3 separate rounds. First round is pretty easy with answering questions and submitting your resume. If you make it to the next round, that is a phone interview. The final round is an in-person and group interview.

Interview Questions

• The final interview is a group-teach interview and then an in-person one-on-one interview. For the teaching assignment, you are given 5 minutes to teach a mini-lesson to the other applicants in the room. This interview ends with a role-play scenario that you are given the day of the interview and then a one-on-one.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

The initial essay is very short and simple, but if you are moved to the next round they hit you with 6 more essays and a few more tasks, all with deadlines at different times in the following week. The interview is not at all hard hitting. They focused on parts of my resume that I did not feel were most relevant to the position, but I think they were trying to hear more about my leadership positions. The teaching lesson is also simple. You can do it on anything at all, like how to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

My interview was a full-day commitment that involved teaching a sample lesson, having a group discussion, and ended with a 1-on-1. This was with a group of 10-15 people, so part of the end of the day was spent waiting to have the 1-on-1. You were absolutely expected to show up on time and be prepared, and you only had about 5 minutes to "teach" your sample lesson, which meant picking an extremely simple task and breaking it down into extremely simple steps. I made sure I knew what my objective was and stuck to it!

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

First step was to apply online. After, you may be invited to a phone interview (asking behavioral questions). Third stage was an group-video interview session where we had to give a 5 minute lesson, then have a group discussion on an issue provided, and lastly had a one-on-one interview with the recruiter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Apply online, phone interview (roughly 30 mins), final interview. The final interview is what takes the most preparation. You have to submit several documents, gather two recommenders and a reference, and prepare a 5 min lesson. The interview itself takes all day and consists of a group activity, the lessons, a presentation and finally the one-on-one interview.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Grueling. Begins with an invite or rejection to a phone interview, then an interview where you present a lesson plan, then do a group activity, then finally have the interview. I am not sure what they were looking for at this point.

Interview Questions

• About difficult times in your life, time management, how you solve problems, etc.   Answer Question