Teach for America Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2016

3.5

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Final interview was collaborative and long. It involved a group activity about school funding cuts, short lessons from the entire group of interviewees, and a one-on-one interview. There was also a presentation on educational equity during which questions were welcomed. The interview was altogether a positive experience and not as intimidating as it sounds.

Interview Questions

• The interview picked a very specific and obscure part of my resume and asked me a number of questions about it, including challenges in that position and how I overcame them.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The full-day interview includes teaching demonstration, group discussion, and individual interview. For the teaching demonstration, it is imperative that you follow "I do, you do, we do" format. Don't ever just lecture at the kids. Also have something to assess the students' level of understanding. It is also important that you abide by the time limit; the interviewers will be very strict about that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Cleveland, OH) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied in October, and do not find out if I get the position until January. Intensive interview process. Online application, then phone interview, the in person. The in person interview lasts all day. It is nerve wracking, but definitely worth it because they really want to make sure you can handle the job.

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, VT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Burlington, VT) in November 2015.

Interview

Long process, but very thorough and enjoyable. Everyone clearly loves their job and has alot of positive things to say about the company. There were also recruiters available to answer any questions at every step of the process.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Las Vegas, NV) in October 2015.

Interview

The entire interview process was long but it is understandable why it has to be. First you have to go through their filling our their application, which is long. Then if you get a phone interview you have to do that. Then if you are lucky, you move on to an interview day (either in person or via computer). Then they finally give you a response 3 weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

A series of online short answer questions, then a final interview. At the final interview: a 5 minute lesson that was strictly timed, group discussion about a education policy scenario/dilemma, individual 40 minute interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation: take it or leave it offer

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Rigorous. I skipped the phone interview. Teach For America wants to see that you've been a leader in your classroom. Teach For America also likes to see data and numbers to quantify the accomplishments that you've had in the leadership roles.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

3 Phase Application Process 1. An online application- a few short answers and a couple of essays 2. Phone interview- about a 30 minute skype interview (basic questions on your interest in joining the Corps) 3. In person interview- 5-minute lesson plan, followed by group work and concluding in an interview

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest class you took during your undergrad years?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Very friendly and kind. There is an online application an then a phone interview and then a in person interview. You will have to do a sample lesson for 5 minutes, as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Denver, CO).

Interview

After submitting my application, I was asked several weeks later about attending an interview in person. The interview style was very unique - it was an all day process. There were 2 interviewers and a group of several of us. In the morning, we all gave 5 minute lessons we had previously prepared as well as a group problem solving activity and individual interviews in the afternoon. We all had to pick a time to sign up for, some people had to wait several hours between the group interview and their individual time. The one on one interview asked very standard questions, I was mostly asked to elaborate on responses to application questions and things on my resume.