Teach for America Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

3.5

213 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Phone interview was basic questions off of your resume. In person interview was as spelled out to you on TFA website. The one on one interview was pretty stressful, but my interviewer was very nice and personable. Remember to focus on leadership, that is one of the biggies they are looking for.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Corps Member Interview

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. He focused a lot on a random part of my resume and really grilled me on it.

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Make sure you emphasize how you have dealt with difficult circumstances, as they are looking for teachers who can deal with difficult times and not quit. Showing interest to a Campus Coordinator and reaching out to your regional representative means a lot. TFA monitors your interactions with them religiously (word for word) so be persistent and send a consistent message.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

A rather extensive interview process, with online application followed by phone interviews, multiple short online tasks and in person final interview involving the teaching of a 5 minute lesson.

Corp Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The phone interview was all of the basic behavioral questions. One thing that I have not seen anyone else mention is to make sure you really create a connection with your interview. I think this is a good determination if you move forward. My interview was very friendly and reacted to my answers like a normal conversation as opposed to one of my friends who interviewed and she said her interviewer just said ok to all of her answers. This could be different for everyone.

Negotiation

Corps Member Interview

Interview

written application, Phone interview and then final interview

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Applied online for the first interview process. Got an email saying I could skip the phone interview and go directly to the in-person interview. The in-person interview took about 3 or 4 hours with a group section and then a personal 1-on-1 interview. I was contacted about a month later and was told I was accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you set a goal and didn't reach it. How did you recover?   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Lengthy initial online application, phone interview, then full-day interview. Make sure that you know their core values and what they are about as an organization. They are very data-driven and want to know specific examples of your leadership showcased through particular situations.

Corps Member Interview

Interview

There are three steps to the application process. 1.) An Application 2.) A phone Interview 3.) A day long final interview. They are very selective in their practices and they do not give you feedback so I am still unaware of what I did wrong during the final interview

Corps Member Interview

Interview

First there is a written application, next a phone interview, then an in person interview that includes a model lesson, a "group" activity, and a 1:1 interview. The written application is very straight forward--the phone call felt a little uncomfortable, because I could tell what they wanted me to say, but I stuck to my thoughts, and it worked! Don't fake it!

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your principal said "no" to the following ____? (Role play)   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations--except I was specific about the grade I wanted to teach.