Teach for America Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 4, 2018

3.5

225 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Azusa, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online in about an hour and was invited to an interview about 2 weeks later, scheduled the interview a week after that. My interview was about a month after that.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict with others? Follow up: How did you prevent future conflict.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

The process starts with a paper application with essay questions to respond to, then there is a phone interview with a staff member and another phone interview with a current corp member. An in-person interview held with a whole group of applicants where you have to present a lesson, engage in discussions with your peers, and do a one-on-one interview with a staff member.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with trying to set up a field trip when you are told there is not funding available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was an all day affair, starting in the morning with a group interview, and afternoon with a personal interview. For the group interview, you had to prepare a sample teaching lesson, which I recommend practicing ALOT. I went through by assignment about 20 times. You then break off into the personal interviews, where each person goes one at a time.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (Champaign, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Whole process took over 2 months. Recruiter was very helpful. Very easy if you're willing to put in the work. Last interview consisted of 1-1 interviews as well as teaching a lesson in front of other applicants and interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Champaign, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

5 minute teaching lesson, group activity, time to learn about TFA and ask questions, then personal interviews. It was pretty laid back, and the interviewers were very nice. They made you feel comfortable - the teaching lesson was what people were really nervous about, but everyone was super nice and it was actually really fun.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do TFA, time you missed a deadline, interpersonal conflicts   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was long and tedious, and it was clear they wanted something specific in each round. Recruiters asking you too look very carefully at their core values. The first rounds were simple, just a phone call and then the final round you had to prepare a teaching segment which was more challenging. The final round one-on-one interview was okay, but it was a bit annoying the recruiter never bothered to look up and typed the whole time.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a brief phone interview followed by a full day in person interview. Both were very involved behavioral questions but very relaxed. It is important to learn about Teach For America's mission and about educational inequity in the United States. It is also important to highlight leadership experience, volunteer or social justice work, and academic excellence.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a tough decision as a leader   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

On the interview day, you will start off with 5 minutes teaching with other candidates as your students. Then, there will be a group activity/discussion, you will be asked to discuss about an education-related problem with your group and come up with a solution. They will briefly talk about TFA and its impact, before an individual interview in the afternoon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Begins with your five-minute sample lesson, then a group exercise. After that, we get to know the TFA employees in the room and about TFA in general, and then we break off into individual interviews. The individual interview lasts about an hour.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Once application is accepted, one must go though process of getting recommenders, filling out extra questions, and preparing a sample teaching lesson. The Interviewers provide a very supportive environment during the actual interview day. It begins with introductions, sample teaching, then group discussion, and then personal interviews.

Interview Questions

• Leadership roles and challenges faced during the leadership role.   Answer Question