Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Corps Memebr Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2010.

I was advanced straight to the final interview round, much to my surprise. The initial application had been stressful-- I had no idea what to write for the Letter of Intent-- but I guess they liked it enough! Preparing for the 5-minute presentation was extremely stressful. My best advice, though, now that I've seen others' presentations, is to really focus on something small/simple, that you can teach methodologically. Speak slowly, clearly, and no need to go overboard with the presentation materials. The point is to be clear. I was surprised by the writing exercise. They asked what hesitations I had with Teach For America/concerns, and how I would evaluate my success as a teacher. Things I had written about before but that I was not thinking of, necessarily, at the time. Caught me off guard. The in-person interview was very comfortable. Didn't ask many behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have faced AT YOUR CURRENT JOB and how did you address it?   Answer Question