KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Development Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive67%
Negative33%
Applied online100%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

I applied in mid-April online and instead of a phone screen or first round interview was sent an assignment around four weeks later in May. I completed it in time and even had my Development Consultant friend look it over- I spent several hours on it though the instructions mentioned that one should not spend over 1.5 hours. I sent an email asking about future interviews and my status, and soon after- about a week later- got a generic email saying they pursued other candidates and thanking me. Fine. Then, I emailed this manager asking if I could get some quick feedback on my assignment, to inform my approach for future development assignments in interviewing- which I've found to be fairly common. She agreed and said my assignment was "really thoughtful" and that we could talk on the phone the following morning. The following afternoon I call her, and ask if she has a minute to discuss my assignment, she says yes. So I ask a couple of questions like, "What are you looking for in completion of the assignment?," "What did you think I could have done better in the assignment?" and "What did others do which was more competitive for this assignment?" She gave me nothing. Like actually, nothing. She just repeated that it was "very thoughtful," but gave no actual specific positive or constructive feedback. So, I am not sure why she agreed to speak with me about it in the first place, since she apparently had no opinion she could share, even with it in front of her. I did not schedule the call, so maybe she was caught off guard, but overall it was an uncomfortable interaction which suggested that the TFA process for selecting development candidates is either not thorough, not transparent, or both. I would hesitate to apply to a position in that department or with TFA again in the future because of this experience.

2 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Jun 2015

Interview

Had a phone/screen interview, followed by multiple in-person/video interviews, had to complete exercises and present projects, etc. Met with multiple members of the team, including a few people on teams I would be working alongside but not directly. Finally had lunch with the hiring manager and their boss.

Interview Questions
  • What does diversity mean to you?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

6d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in Jul 2012

Interview

Phone call interview with HR and then direct phone interviews with manager and Executive Director. There was also a skills based activity related to development work (e.g. writing activity and research activity). Went all very smoothly and process took about 1 month. Understanding core values was very important as well as commitment to serving/volunteering in the community. Sought to hire a well-rounded person in regard to skills, effort, and dedication.

Interview Questions
  • Organizational skills and time management, overcoming challenges, and passion for education reform.
Be the first to find this interview helpful