Find jobs for Development Coordinator

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Development Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2014

To filter interviews, or .
Found 2 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive50%
Negative50%
Applied online100%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Aug 2014

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the next day. Scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 25 minutes. The interview was pretty bland and didn't leave me with a good opinion of the company or a desire for the position. I lost interest as the interview went on, which I'm sure the interviewer picked up on.

Interview Questions
  • Standard, unoriginal questions
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Jul 2013

Interview

In July 2013, I interviewed for the Development Coordinator position at the Houston office of Teach for America (TFA). The initial interview was an hour in length, included two people, and occurred via telephone. (First interviews are ALWAYS via phone - unless there are special circumstances.) The interviewers were a manager within the department for which I was interviewing and another individual. They were friendly, "human," and seemed interested in me. They wanted to know about my basic qualifications, but also about me as a person (number of siblings, hobbies, entire school history, favorite subjects, etc.). When it comes to qualifications and experiences, the first interview only grazes the surface. Prior to the first interview, it is highly likely that they will ask you to complete a series of tasks in order to gauge more honestly and accurately your preparedness for the position. There is a deadline, so get ready. The TFA interview process usually requires at least four interviews; however, my process included only two. (I say this because in all of the email correspondence, my last interview was called my "final interview," and when it began, the interviewer congratulated me on making it to the final round.) The final interview is WAY more in-depth. It is either in-person or via webcam; mine was via webcam. Depending on the position, you will have to DISSECT various work experiences in order to paint a clear picture of how well you can perform the tasks required by the position. I distinctly remember having to dissect my ENTIRE process - from planning to execution - for a community forum that I planned. She asked about my planning process (i.e., do I color-code?), how I divided tasks (i.e., are you comfortable delegating tasks? can you lead others? how do you keep your team members on task?), how I ensured thorough execution of the conference/ forum (i.e., how did you setup? how did you delegate tasks on the day of the event?), etc. I was very comfortable throughout the interviewing process, and event though I didn't get the position, it is an interview process that I will forever remember as a positive one.

2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

6d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments