Teach for America Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Director Interview Questions

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The actual interview involved 2 people, one who was documenting everything I said and asked the occasional question and the other was the primary leader. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes with 15 minutes allotted for any questions I might have. Afterwards, they always kept me in the loop throughout the whole process via email and phone. Awesome experience!

Interview Questions

• They had a couple of role playing scenarios, which puts you on the spot and you need to be quick thinking as well as data analysis. Also asked a question about what was a misconception people have of you that changes once they get to know you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiating .

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Director Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in July 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process involving a phone screen, a written project, and two stages of phone interviews. Interviews were a challenging mix of questions, including both standard behavioral questions (e.g. "Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict at work...") and case-style questions about how I would approach a specific project I might be asked to complete in the role. But everyone I communicated with was extremely professional, courteous, responsive, and well-organized. It was clear they were putting thought and effort into the process and committed to selecting the best candidate.

Although I did not ultimately receive an offer, the hiring manager told me it was a very difficult decision, provided feedback and encouraged me to apply for similar roles with the organization in the future. I left feeling that the time and effort I had put into the process had been valued, and that I had learned quite a bit by engaging in it.

Interview Questions

• Which of the TFA core values do you most identify with and why?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

TFA does an amazing job with the interview process. It started with a phone interview with human resources, then a phone call with hiring manager and a follow up call with examples of work. Finally there was an assignment that you completed and discussed at the last in-person interview. Very professional and thorough.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Do not really negotiate pay - human resources specifically tells you they will not negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America (Durham, NC) in July 2014.

Interview

In-depth Q&A by supervisor and colleague. They took turns asking questions that had been previously prepared. There was not much veering off of the scripted questions. Interviewers were friendly and professional and made me feel very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you value diversity in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (San Francisco, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The process is long and there is a lot of emphasis on your understanding of TFA as an organization. I would say it's tedious and there's a lot of people chiming in which results in answering the same basic questions over and over.

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge about the education situation in this city and how does TFA factor into that situation?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Process began with a 30 minute phone interview to assess whether there was a culture fit.

Then was given a round of exercises, followed by a call to discuss the exercises, and a couple behavioral questions.

Couple more rounds of phone interviews, followed by another round of exercises. I don't think this is common, but it can happen.

Interview Questions

• Scenario role play: A colleague is opposed to a project that you have been assigned to. You need her help to successfully complete the project. How would you address this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Very friendly and kind. There is an online application an then a phone interview and then a in person interview. You will have to do a sample lesson for 5 minutes, as well.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge you have overcome and how can you bring that experience to improve yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America in January 2013.

Interview

3 interviews, phone, 2 in person. Very straight forward- Know your role and work and the interview will be easy. 1 take home project submitted relating to the role was assigned and submitted.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

- Exercises related to the core functions of the role: Data analysis, role plays, sample project plans
    - Opportunities to showcase my accomplishments while reflecting on what could have been better

Interview Questions

• Questions related to using data to influence decision-making   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I received am email for a phone interview and I selected the first date available.

Interview Questions

• Which TFA core values do you align with?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I was able to negotiate.