Teach for America Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 1, 2017

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The first interview discussed my qualifications and understanding of organization mission. The interviewer was very personable and shared information on her experience with company. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. This was a first round screening interview.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenge you faced and how you solved the problem?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Director Interview

Application

The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in July 2015.

Interview

It was a lengthy process involving a phone screen, a written project, and two stages of phone interviews. Interviews were a challenging mix of questions, including both standard behavioral questions (e.g. "Tell me about a time when you experienced conflict at work...") and case-style questions about how I would approach a specific project I might be asked to complete in the role. But everyone I communicated with was extremely professional, courteous, responsive, and well-organized. It was clear they were putting thought and effort into the process and committed to selecting the best candidate.

Although I did not ultimately receive an offer, the hiring manager told me it was a very difficult decision, provided feedback and encouraged me to apply for similar roles with the organization in the future. I left feeling that the time and effort I had put into the process had been valued, and that I had learned quite a bit by engaging in it.

Interview Questions

• Which of the TFA core values do you most identify with and why?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Process began with a 30 minute phone interview to assess whether there was a culture fit.

Then was given a round of exercises, followed by a call to discuss the exercises, and a couple behavioral questions.

Couple more rounds of phone interviews, followed by another round of exercises. I don't think this is common, but it can happen.

Interview Questions

• Scenario role play: A colleague is opposed to a project that you have been assigned to. You need her help to successfully complete the project. How would you address this.   Answer Question