KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Director of Development Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 1.1K interviews

Applied online50%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Required one-way prescreening video to a few questions. Then had to answer further questions in a written document then had 2 phone interviews to find out didn't get job. It was a lot of front end work that I think if they'd

Interview Questions
  • What was most difficult work situation you have experienced?
    1 Answer
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in Apr 2014

Interview

The recruiter reached out via email after receiving an employee referral. After a general phone conversation, the candidate was invited to formally apply for the position online. The next step in the process was a set of performance tasks which were designed to be completed and submitted by email. There was a prompt response back upon receipt of materials promising to be in touch within a week to discuss next steps and schedule a formal interview for those moving forward. No follow up occurred. Several months later, candidates received an email survey asking them to evaluate the interview experience. At that point, a follow up email generated a quick reply that the organization was moving in a different direction with regard to the spec for the role.

Interview Questions
  • The interviewer requested that applicants complete a lengthy set of exercises to gauge candidate fit for the position.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

2d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (New Orleans, LA) in Oct 2013

Interview

Took about 4 months from start to finish. Included a phone screen, a written performance task, an in-person interview with my current manager, and an in-person interview with the Executive Director.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Teach For America?
Be the first to find this interview helpful