Teach for America Director, Design Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Director, Design Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in March 2011.

Interview

1st interview consisted of a screening interview by a human resources representative. This lasted 30 minutes. The purpose of the interview is to determine your alignment with the company's core values. After that, I completed a design task connected to the position I was interviewing for. I was given a week to complete the task. 5 days after I submitted the task, a 2nd phone interview was requested. This was 60 minutes in duration. This interview focused more on my experiences, my rationale for design. I was also presented with multiple scenarios and objectives. After this interview, I spoke to a staff member currently in the position in which I was applying for--this was more informal. A final formal phone interview was then requested for a time period of 90 minutes. This interview was similar to the previous phone interview, with additional objectives presented. Although I was in the final round, i was not offered the position. The hiring manager did call me to provide me with feedback. Overall, the interview process was very thorough, organized, and professional.

Interview Questions

• provided these objectives, design a learning experience   Answer Question