Cover image for Teach for America

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 9 of over 1.1K interviews

Recruiter14%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Birmingham, AL) in Jan 2021

Interview

Was very smooth and organized. Was provided pre-reading that helped a bit with some of the interview questions. Interviewers really wanted to get a sense of commitment to goals/mission of the organization so a lot of questions dealt with my understanding and drive for the TFA mission.

Interview Questions
  • Q: Tell us about why you want to work for TFA
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Las Vegas, NV) in Jul 2020

Interview

Long and grueling. Lots of writing. Takes a week to hear from them after submitting anything. Feel like my time was wasted. Doesn’t make sense to interview so many candidates. You can tell right away if you will not get the job. The manager will have a disappointed look on her face, and the interview will be less than 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Teachers

201.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Teach for America~105049
Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The interview process was rigorous, but that is to be expected. There a multiple components to the process including data analysis, creating a plan to help make a teacher more effective and phone/in person interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teach for America (Tulsa, OK) in Apr 2017

Interview

The process was similar to corps member application, focused on teaching ideology and coaching habits. Many questions were centered around how you would deal with a difficult corps member, and how you would encourage diversity amongst your team.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Tulsa, OK)

Interview

Rigorous and multi-phased with elements of role-play. Teach For America assess your ability to problem-solve, how you deal in high-stress situations, and how you respond to people who don't share your views and perspectives. Overall, they're looking to see how effective an advocate you will be in the mission to end educational inequity.

Interview Questions
  • How would you respond in this situation?

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in Sep 2014

Interview

Similar to the corps member application. An initial written application that describes your experiences in the classroom (which is required) as well as describing your experiences as a corps member, and a phone or in person interview that requires a role play as a teacher coach. The application is slightly different if you're still in the classroom, or outside of the classroom.

Interview Questions
  • How did you use data to track your students, and inform your instructional practices?
2 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

You apply through a centralized system. During this initial application you need to do a web based critical thinking activity, submit a resume and cover letter. The web based activity takes several hours. If selected you will have a phone interview where they ask general questions. If you pass the phone IV you will move to a final interview.

Interview Questions
  • A role play where I had to convince a Superintendent to not fire all TFAers.
5 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Focused around alignment with core values and your analysis skillset. Communication skills are crucial in this role, therefore expect a lot of role plays.

Interview Questions
  • What did you achieve with your students? What does that mean for them? How do you know?
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2013

Interview

The application and interview process was intense and required a great deal of work. The company was very clear and concise in their communication of deadlines, requirements etc. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and I was interviewed by three people. They did a good job making me feel comfortable, but the interview questions were challenging and unique. The questions were based on future scenarios for the most part.

Interview Questions
  • Pretend that it is your first day meeting your corps members. Introduce yourself and the vision you have for yourself, your corps members and their students.
5 people found this interview helpful