KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Teacher/Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Jul 8, 2016

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive100%
Recruiter50%
Applied online50%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

First you have a phone interview. The second interview is more like an online application. Then you get chosen to have an in-person interview with about twelve other people a long with a 5 minute teaching lesson.

Interview Questions
  • what were your involvements in college and how can that be helpful to TFA?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

1) There's an application process in which you have to fill out a lot of information about you first, and also includes a letter of intent and a resume that you have to fill and upload. 2) Then there's the phone interview. Which does ask you some personal questions about your interests and know more about you as a person. There's also an online activity to assess your "sound judgment" and "analytical skills". 3) Then there's the full day interview. It's not necessarily a full-day, but there's only about two interviewers on the site. You teach a lesson plan in the morning, followed by a personal interview in the afternoon. If you happen to get the last time slot from 4:20-ish to 5:00, then you pretty much stay the full day there.

Interview Questions
  • At some point during the personal interview, they will ask about your responses from the online activity. Access to the activity was limited, so better be prepared to remember/take note of your responses!!
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

9d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America (Boston, MA) in Jan 2012

Interview

I was recruited in the fall at my place of employment and submitted an application. I was invited directly to the in-person interview so I skipped the phone interview myself, but several friends had it; from their telling, the phone interview was very uncomfortable, involved little to no actual discussion or back-and-forth, and was conducted by people clearly volunteering their (very limited) time who were eager to wrap up. The in-person interview was fine. My group of fellow candidates was very friendly, everyone engaged respectfully in the discussion about the articles, and we presented our lessons. Most people ran over time but I'm not sure that mattered much at all; honestly, I think having a scaffolded and differentiated handout to distribute for your lesson is more important than ending in under five minutes - they really want to see that you understand how you'll need to break down information for students of different learning levels. Then came the 1:1 interview which was fine, the questions were average and anticipated. My interviewer was very nice but wrote down pretty much everything I said, so there was little discussion and it was more like a monologue than an interview. I had to really press my former teaching experience because they never asked about it directly. If you have former professional experience you want to make sure they hear, my advice is to shape every answer around it and use the opportunity to drop it into conversation. NEGOTIATION: I received an offer for a region I was not interested in and subsequently negotiated a placement offer in my top region.

Interview Questions
  • How do you stay organized?
  • Describe two times you've faced a challenge and how you handled it.
  • If you were accepted into the Corps, would anything cause you to consider quitting?
  • Have you ever missed a deadline at school or at work?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Teach for America in Nov 2010

Interview

The interview process is long. I went straight to the in-person interview- I never had the phone interview so I cannot comment on that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful