Teach for America Elementary/Middle School Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Elementary/Middle School Teacher Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Elementary/Middle School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America (Gainesville, FL) in December 2010.

Interview

The initial interview is a phone interview. Some candidates are skipped over the phone interview directly to the in person interview. After the phone interview, if selected to attend interview day you will receive an email notifying you to select the best date and location that works for you. Once at interview day, the first part of the morning will be a group interview where you are required to teach a lesson to the other interviewees as if you would in the classroom. After the lessons, there is a group activity, and then an informational where the interviewers discuss their experience with TFA. After that, there is a lunch break and sign-ups for the 1:1 interviews. The interviews are not bad at all. My interviewer basically went down my resume and asked questions about my experience as well as questions referring to my transcript, although they say that interviewers do not have access to your transcripts. In addition they asked questions like "Why TFA?" and "What can you contribute?" Also, there was a mock scenario in which you are given a prompt and you have to act it out and attempt to get the interviewer to agree with you.

Interview Questions