Teach for America Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

3.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

The application and interview process was intense and required a great deal of work. The company was very clear and concise in their communication of deadlines, requirements etc. The interview lasted about an hour and a half and I was interviewed by three people. They did a good job making me feel comfortable, but the interview questions were challenging and unique. The questions were based on future scenarios for the most part.

Interview Questions

• Pretend that it is your first day meeting your corps members. Introduce yourself and the vision you have for yourself, your corps members and their students.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The interview process was rigorous, but that is to be expected. There a multiple components to the process including data analysis, creating a plan to help make a teacher more effective and phone/in person interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teach for America (Tulsa, OK) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was similar to corps member application, focused on teaching ideology and coaching habits. Many questions were centered around how you would deal with a difficult corps member, and how you would encourage diversity amongst your team.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Similar to the corps member application. An initial written application that describes your experiences in the classroom (which is required) as well as describing your experiences as a corps member, and a phone or in person interview that requires a role play as a teacher coach. The application is slightly different if you're still in the classroom, or outside of the classroom.

Interview Questions

• How did you use data to track your students, and inform your instructional practices?   Answer Question

Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview

Interview

You apply through a centralized system. During this initial application you need to do a web based critical thinking activity, submit a resume and cover letter. The web based activity takes several hours. If selected you will have a phone interview where they ask general questions. If you pass the phone IV you will move to a final interview.

Interview Questions

• A role play where I had to convince a Superintendent to not fire all TFAers.   Answer Question

Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview

Interview

Focused around alignment with core values and your analysis skillset. Communication skills are crucial in this role, therefore expect a lot of role plays.

Interview Questions

• What did you achieve with your students? What does that mean for them? How do you know?   Answer Question