Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2017

3.4

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I went through the screening process, phone interview, and final interview. I didn't make it in, but it was a good experience

Interview Questions

• At the final interview, you are expected to do a short teaching presentation on a subject of your choice to the group. You are told to pretend like you are teaching a grade level of your choice, even if that is not the grade which you would want to teach.   1 Answer

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Resume, Letter of Intent, Online Application

Online Activity, Phone Interview

Letters of Recommendation, Full Day Interview

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Phone interview was basic questions off of your resume. In person interview was as spelled out to you on TFA website. The one on one interview was pretty stressful, but my interviewer was very nice and personable. Remember to focus on leadership, that is one of the biggies they are looking for.

Corps Member Interview

Interview

The interviewer was friendly. He focused a lot on a random part of my resume and really grilled me on it.

Teacher Interview

Interview

The interview tests whether you are willing to give up. Meaning, they will push you to give up a certain position (sometimes illogically) and your job is to not give up and to keep fighting.

The reason TFA does this is because they think that if you give in during an interview, you'll give in when the times get tough as a teacher.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Begins with a rigorous online application that asks the basic questions and goes into greater detail with a few essays. The essays asked about volunteer experience and why you are pursuing a career with Teach for America. A recruiter from Teach for America will call after you submit your application to see if you have any questions. If your application is selected, you have a phone interview and then an interview in the closest city that has Teach for America.

Teacher Interview

Interview

I applied last year and got rejected after the final interview. I came back this year, went through the entire process again and still got rejected. I followed every single tip you can find about doing well in a TFA interview. Don't be fooled like I was. It doesn't matter how passionate you are for teaching in underserved communities. They don't care; they are looking for people they can mold into potential government/public officials who will push through legislature conducive to their organization's idealogies. If you want to get through, go through the interview in a business-like manner with the mindset of a politician.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since last year's interview to serve low-income children?
      What made you realize you wanted to teach?
      Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Interview

online app with statement of interest, phone interview, online assignments, in person interview

Corps Member Interview

Interview

Make sure you emphasize how you have dealt with difficult circumstances, as they are looking for teachers who can deal with difficult times and not quit. Showing interest to a Campus Coordinator and reaching out to your regional representative means a lot. TFA monitors your interactions with them religiously (word for word) so be persistent and send a consistent message.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

A rather extensive interview process, with online application followed by phone interviews, multiple short online tasks and in person final interview involving the teaching of a 5 minute lesson.