Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

816 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

informal coffee with a TFA recruiter, whole group interview with a dozen other competing corp members with roundtable questions and teaching segment wherein each applicant had to prepare a lesson and teach it to others, individual interview the same day

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher?   1 Answer

Corps Memember Interview

Interview

Interview was made up of three parts - a five minute sample lesson, a group task, and an individual interview. The group of fellow applicant were really friendly and I found it to be a much more of a collaborative environment than a competitive one.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about a time when you quit a major commitment?   Answer Question

Teach for America Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very warming and engaging! Group setting with learning about each other and also why a person would want to do Teach for America. Explain your grade level interests.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewing with others is always a bit stressful, but they did a good job of establishing a sense of teamwork within the interview. The interviewers could answer questions limited to their own experience, but that is to be expected with as many regions as TFA has, and this doesn't matter as long as you do your research.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

Five minute lesson went smoothly, but very fast. Group interview was fine but could be improved. Then one on one interview. A lot asked about background and leadership at school. No questions about why you want to actually teach. Interviewers were helpful but very preoccupied with writing notes, so not personable.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

In-depth. Pay attention to the core values within Teach For America, and you are rated based on those. Additionally, be comfortable with your lesson. The application may lead to a phone interview, but for me I jumped ahead to the final interview process. This might occur if you have previous Teach For America experience.

Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America in September 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy interview process. Short 5-minute lesson presentation followed by group work and one hour 1-on-1 interview. Application process very straightforward and offer comes very soon after interview.

Managing Director, Information Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied for the job directly on the website and a few weeks later I was contacted by an internal Director to interview for the position. First round was to see if the position and company was a fit. Immediately they moved to talking about salary requirements, i stated what I was looking for after doing research into the market and my salary history. They told me the max range they could pay and if i was interested in moving forward. I was still interested in having conversations with the team and moving forward in the process.

A week and a half later I had another interview this one more formal. We went through my background and experience, my personality to see if I would be a fit for the company goals, values and culture.

A week later I was told I would be having a phone interview with the Hiring Manager for the position and this was scheduled. The day of the interview I went to logon and find the specific job description to better prepare for the interview and found that the Title was changed to Senior Engineer. Parts of the job description were changed as well. I have never in my career experienced this type of bait and switch. No one had contacted me ahead of time to tell me about the change, and had I not logged into the Applicant Tracking System I would have never noticed.

The hiring manager tried to tell me during our interview time that the title was just changed to get more of a talent pool, but this process went south very quickly and was obvious that the talent pool was expensive for a Director, so they de-scoped to an engineer.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

They really make it seem like you are going to get the job - even if you aren't. The process was actually pretty fun and everyone I met was helpful and very nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ithaca, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I first filled out an online application, which included basic information and one essay prompt. After, I moved on to receive an in person interview which included a sample teaching lesson, group activity, and then personal interview

Interview Questions

• What is something that has been challenging for you as a leader?   Answer Question