Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.4

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Extensive interview. Online application is the easiest part, but they require candidates to complete pre work before the final interview such as short answer responses to questions that require a lot of thought and time. Make sure to be prepared for the five-minute demo, include an evaluation of the students and make sure to know how to respond to wrong answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project (they also ask class) you had a challenge with?
      They ask follow-up questions about it, when did you realize it was going to be challenging? What was the end result?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online application, then you are notified if you have been selected for an interview...after this you have to upload transcripts, and enter all your credits and classes manually for all semesters online, and prepare for a 5 minute teaching lesson. The lesson can be any subject grades k-12....also you need to read some online material that will be used during a group activity in which the interviewers don't participate in, but just watch to see who is talking, or referencing the online material. The group has to act like school board members and have to make a ruling on a problem. There is no right or wrong answer to the ruling. Then you have a lunch break, sign up for your personal interview time slot, and wait. The personal interview is about an hour long. A week later they emailed us if we got the position or not. No reason is given if you are not hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me by email, she sounded very enthusiastic and scheduled an interview for me with another recruiter. Recruiter called late, and didn't ask a single question, he literally talked about himself the entire time. A week later I got a rejection with no reason given. This was so insanely unprofessional, they clearly had no intention to hire me, but wasted my time anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowling Green, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Bowling Green, KY) in February 2017.

Interview

Was selected for a virtual group interview. It was a little bit awkward and intimidating. Had to do a 5 minute interactive sample teaching lesson. This was very difficult to do because of the virtual atmosphere. This was followed by an hour long one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you ever missed a deadline   1 Answer

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online and received a notification within days about signing up for an interview. As i couldn't make it to an interview location, they had convenient virtual interview times that you could sign up for. The interview consisted of presenting a teaching lesson to other interviewees, a group activity, and a one-on-one interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2017.

Interview

Begins with your five-minute sample lesson, then a group exercise. After that, we get to know the TFA employees in the room and about TFA in general, and then we break off into individual interviews. The individual interview lasts about an hour.

Administrative Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on their website and then received an email asking to set up a phone interview of 45 minutes. I felt the phone call went very well; we spoke for over an hour. I was told that the next round of interviews would be scheduled in the next week. After that, I heard absolutely nothing. I sent a few emails to follow-up and again, heard nothing. I realize that recruiters are busy, but a little common courtesy would have been nice. After 3 weeks, I finally received a form email that they have decided to pursue other applicants.

Interview Questions

• Which of our core values did you closely identify with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

It was long and tedious, and it was clear they wanted something specific in each round. Recruiters asking you too look very carefully at their core values. The first rounds were simple, just a phone call and then the final round you had to prepare a teaching segment which was more challenging. The final round one-on-one interview was okay, but it was a bit annoying the recruiter never bothered to look up and typed the whole time.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was an all day affair, starting in the morning with a group interview, and afternoon with a personal interview. For the group interview, you had to prepare a sample teaching lesson, which I recommend practicing ALOT. I went through by assignment about 20 times. You then break off into the personal interviews, where each person goes one at a time.

Interview Questions

• How do you stay organized?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online application. Then, I had an in person interview. The interview lasted all day. First, there was a group interview which included a 5 minute sample teaching lesson After a break, there was an individual interview in the afternoon.