Teach for America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2017

3.4

Operations Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was straight forward - no negotiation took place.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Online form and short essay questions, then invited for a short screening phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected, but the phone interview is odd because it feels like you're talking to a machine.   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I applied online and wrote a stellar essay with mediocre extracurriculars and made it into the second round phone interview. The phone interview was actually very easy, as my interviewer was extremely passionate for education and spoke more than I did during the call. I made it to the final round and successfully led the group and presented my sample lesson well, but made a crucial mistake in saying that I support segregation in special cases. Not that I am racist or sexist, but I just spoke my mind saying that specific groups of people like special education students must be placed in different classrooms to receive the appropriate education. That was my bad.

Interview Questions

• How did you think you did in the group discussion interview?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Interview

phone interview was about resume

Interview Questions

• have you ever been in a conflict with someone you worked with and what did you do about it   Answer Question

Corps Member Interview

Interview

online application, final interview

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Online Application, Phone Interview, Final Interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

It was very involved and intense, but if you speak to anyone who is a teacher and have them review your practice lesson, you'll be fine. Keep it short, to the point, and allow for questions and independent work. Remember, you're not just having them take notes. You want your interviewers to remember you and your engaging lesson.

Be prepared for someone to get a question wrong in your lesson, and practice ways to respond. They looked really hurt when another person interviewing gave a flat out, "no."

Interview Questions

• What do you do in the face of adversity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. You accept or reject.

Recruitment Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, quick response via email. 2 phone interviews, 1 project.

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The online application is very thorough. I recommend meting with a recruiter to help answer any questions you amy have. Some applicants are required to do a phone interview; others are advanced to the final interview day. Before the final interview day, there are many forms to complete and files to upload. This takes time! You also need to secure two recommenders and one reference. The final interview day includes a sample lesson, group activity, and individual interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none