KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Interviewee Interview Questions

Updated Oct 24, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive67%
Negative33%
Applied online100%
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Sep 2020

Interview

filled out paperwork, waited months, interviewed and gave five minute lesson, talked about things. Was strange because I have experience (3+ years) of working with kids in educational fields but interviewer seemed to flinch at that. I also majored in education with a 3.7. Seems like they really only want business or random other majors. Heard bad things about them later, so meh.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a leadership role that you have had.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America in Mar 2014

Interview

I will not elaborate on the actual process because we are sworn to confidentiality but I will most definitely give you words of advice that will directly correlate to the application process. 1. If you make it t the phone interview, make sure you are prepared and confident with everything from TFA's core values and mission statement to the volunteer hours you did a few years back that you decided to put on your resume. 2. It is normal to be nervous but know that the interviewers are very kind and helpful and only want to see you succeed. 3. Once you are done with the interview, ask questions! I cannot stress this enough. If you have a chance to speak to someone who is currently in the corp why not ask them one-on-one the question or questions (if you have time) that you have been most curious about. Most importantly, confidence is key. Be sure that you are passionate and confident about this organization!

Interview Questions
  • Nothing was unexpected, just know that they will focus on your resume.
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

11d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Athens, GA) in Feb 2014

Interview

There is a LONG online application. You either do not get a phone interview, get a phone interview, or get invited to a final interview. If you pass the phone interview, you make the final interview which is intense. Usually 12 people. You give your lesson plan, do a group activity, then have your individual interview. The individual interview is awkward because they are typing, but just be yourself. Focus on positive answers and highlight how you "never quit", are "passionate" and "relate" to the TFA cause (I would say DON'T do TFA if you're not passionate...).

Interview Questions
  • I promised not to say. BUT learn everything about your resume, the website, and your application.
Be the first to find this interview helpful