KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Lead Teacher Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 4 of over 1.1K interviews

Recruiter25%
Employee Referral25%
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2021

Interview

Very laid back! I appreciated how invested they were in my answers as well as my experiences. I was able to express myself fully, walking away with a better understanding of TFA's mission and values.

Interview Questions
  • When did you ever feel as though your time was under-valued?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teach for America in Mar 2019

Interview

After the first written screening you are selected for the interview. It is a group interview where you present "the class" with a 5 min presentation for them to understand your teaching style, followed by a one on one interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you have to leave your position at TFA?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

6d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America (Durham, NC)

Interview

I had heard that the interview process was long and intensive, and a few of my friends had applied during the first couple deadlines and were not accepted into the program; going into it, I was pretty nervous but also didn't really care whether I got in or not, and I knew I was applying last-minute to the final deadline. Although I don't like speaking in front of groups of people (or at least I didn't then... it's kind of hard to avoid when you're a teacher!) it was good to force myself into that experience and it went really well. First I did the online portion, which I've heard is essentially rated based on points, and if your application gets X number of points then you get a phone interview. Very impersonal step. After that, your phone interviewer asks you a bunch of questions and TFA as a company starts trying to convince you how great it is and how much support you'll have (I remember getting additional phone calls from current corps members who wanted to talk to me about the experience, etc). Lots of marketing and branding. Then the in-person interview, at least mine, was a group interview. We presented 5 minute lesson plans to the other interviewees and two or three staff, and then had a group conversation (I forget what it was about, maybe a debate type thing) -- in the afternoon, we had one-on-one interviews. I remember the person who went before me was in there for like 20 minutes (it was meant to be a 30 minute interview) and mine lasted for over 45m, The lady seemed super into me being a part of the program, but obviously I don't know if she was like that for everyone. I later found out that I was the only person hired from my group of interviewees.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in Feb 2012

Interview

There were several interviews. Phone and in person. Essays and applications. It was a very tedious process. Tons of paperwork. Plenty of tests and immunizations as well. Transcripts etc. There was a 5 min lesson I had to give with a lesson plan prepared for that lesson as well. My advice is don't sweat the lesson. Although I was extremely nervous, they understood it was my first time and they plan to train you to help you get better. Bring props and be prepared and on time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed