Teach for America Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

Updated May 11, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long. First, you must answer some pre-interview questions. Then, you are called for a phone interview. Then, you must answer more interview questions online. Then, there is 5 hour interview in-person or over video.

Math Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Claremont, CA).

Interview

After the phone calls, recommendations, and other fun online stuff, they're gonna eventually bring you to an in-person group interview. You'll have to show a demonstration of a lesson you can teach, answer some roleplay questions about whether you'd rather close an under preforming school (The answer they want is yes), and there's some general "Who are you? Why TFA?" in there as well.

Interview Questions

• Demo Lesson   1 Answer
    • Why TFA?   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with a difficult student who is under-preforming?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was three rounds:
    1:essay/short response
    2:phone interview
    3:in person - teach a 5 minute lesson, group interview, one on one

The put the most emphasis on the 5 minute lesson. They want you to be able to be deliver it and be able to check for understanding within the time limit. It's also important that you the lesson engages the people in the room which are both fellow people interviewing and TFA employees. T

Interview Questions

• There's 30 minute one on one portion where they ask about background and really focus on why TFA and times in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Teach for America Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The hiring process had several steps that you had to go through over a period of time. First it was an online application. The application had many questions and then you had to also submit a resume and letters of recommendation. If you passed that, they email you to set up a phone interview. Next you choose a location to go to for an in person interview. This consisted of presenting a 5 minute lesson, then a group activity, and ends with a one-on-one interview.

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Azusa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Azusa, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online in about an hour and was invited to an interview about 2 weeks later, scheduled the interview a week after that. My interview was about a month after that.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict with others? Follow up: How did you prevent future conflict.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite long, took about three months until the final decision was made. There is an online application, phone interview, online activity, 1:1 interview, and a group sample teaching lesson. The first steps in the process are self explanatory, it is the interview day that requires the most preparation. Final interview day was fun and interactive and I enjoyed the entire process. Had to design a 5 minute sample lesson to present to the other candidates.

Teaching Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Extremely intensive application and interview process. Online application followed by online activity and full-day in-person interview that involved a sample teaching lesson and a one-on-one interview. I did not have to do the normal phone interview. Overall, the process was not too bad, just very long and a lot of work.

Interview Questions

• They asked me a lot of questions about one particular part of my resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Claremont, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First you have to submit an online application with three short answer questions. Within a week, you are notified if you are selected for a phone interview. After the phone interview, you may be invited for a full day interview. The full day interview consists of a 5 minute sample teaching lesson and a group activity in the morning. In the afternoon, you have a 40 minute personal interview that consists mainly of behavioral questions. Overall, it was a comprehensive but generally positive interview experience.

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was the phone interview which is the next part from the application. It took about 30 to 40 minutes. It was not too bad. Although they did call sooner than we had planned to converse. I believe they called at about 8 in the morning when the interview was supposed to be 10am.

Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Claremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Claremont, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The whole process took about two months. The online application is quite extensive with several short answer questions. Many applicants have a phone interview before they are asked to do an in-person interview, however some applicants go straight to the in-person interview. This was the case with me. The in-person interview was conducted at a location of your choice and was a group interview. Each applicant had to prepare a timed lesson plan to give to the two interviewers and the rest of the applicants. After the lessons were given, there was a group activity during which applicants had to analyze particular problems within the education system. The goal of this was to contribute and be respectful to other applicant's opinions. Later, each applicant signed up for a solo interview with one of the interviewers. After your solo interview was over the process was complete and TFA would notify you online if you got accepted and where your placement would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with a team? What was the outcome?   Answer Question