Teach for America Operations Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Operations Coordinator Interview Questions

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair, applied online, received a phone interview lasting about an hour. It was mostly behavioral stuff, but they had a document you should look over before hand regarding the different types of operations coordinators they have. There was a very quick turnaround between internship offer and when you had to make a decision by, less than a week I believe.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a role play situation dealing with an angry corps member.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2016.

Interview

Easy. I applied heard back within two weeks and had a phone call interview. They asked my typical questions and some more specific to what life is like at Institute. I also had to do an online portion of the application where I had to make my own schedule for tasks needed to be accomplished.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

We conducted an online application with an unofficial transcript and two letters of recommendation. There was then another online round where there were scenarios which we had to answer to in paragraph form and read many different articles to be prepared to discuss in the one on one interview. Finally, the one on one phone interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Scenario: If the copy machines were down and there was a line of 15 corp members who were getting aggravated because they could not make their copies for class, how would you respond?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Automatic prompt interview followed by a skype interview in March. Very simple behavioral, lots of questions about leadership and working with diverse groups of people to achieve a goal. Their values are very important so try to work those in to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Would you prefer working on company culture or logistics support?   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process, like everything in TFA, is full of a lot of pre-work. When initially applying, all applicants are given a task to organize several tasks before the start of Institute. I would suggest to always think outside the box because they are looking for people who stand out and are passionate about their organization. Always go beyond what is expected.

After you're notified for an interview, most of the questions are pretty typical. I would suggest telling stories of your life that demonstrate the questions being asked. Make sure you do the reading and all the prework before the interview!

Interview Questions

• There is a printer jam and a stressed corps member comes to you. What do you do?   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was straight forward - no negotiation took place.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview because I was not asked any difficult questions. The interviewer was very welcoming and friendly. It was a very relaxing environment. You dont have much to worry about.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Interview

The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward.   Answer Question

Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in December 2013.

Interview

The hiring process is a bit longer than other interviews I have had, but they looking to see if you truly will be a match for the Teach for America organization. They make it as conversational as possible, which eases you into the interview. After a few minutes of talking to your interviewer, you feel more comfortable with talking to them and answering their questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Very long interview process. Questions specifically targeting organization/prioritization/project management skills. Interview probes for as specific of answers as possible that reveal a true thought process and detailed steps within your answer.

Interview Questions

• Many questions regarding a challenge you faced and how you prioritized, asked in many different ways - be prepared with multiple examples of how you have faced challenging workloads, communication issues, relationship issues, organizational challenges, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations b/c it is a non profit. You accept or decline.