Cover image for Teach for America

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Operations Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Sep 19, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 1.1K interviews

Recruiter9%
Campus Recruiting9%
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2017

Interview

Asked a few situational type questions. Was a very casual interview process over video. I accepted my offer and would absolutely do it again! Great experience and will remember the skills I learned in this job as I continue in my career.

Interview Questions
  • "What would you do if an angry corps member was upset about a broken printer?". Other questions were very generic interview questions (what skills would you bring? why do you think you would be good at this?)
    Answer Question

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair, applied online, received a phone interview lasting about an hour. It was mostly behavioral stuff, but they had a document you should look over before hand regarding the different types of operations coordinators they have. There was a very quick turnaround between internship offer and when you had to make a decision by, less than a week I believe.

Interview Questions
  • They gave me a role play situation dealing with an angry corps member.

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Teachers

198.7K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Teach for America~105049
Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2016

Interview

Easy. I applied heard back within two weeks and had a phone call interview. They asked my typical questions and some more specific to what life is like at Institute. I also had to do an online portion of the application where I had to make my own schedule for tasks needed to be accomplished.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in Apr 2015

Interview

We conducted an online application with an unofficial transcript and two letters of recommendation. There was then another online round where there were scenarios which we had to answer to in paragraph form and read many different articles to be prepared to discuss in the one on one interview. Finally, the one on one phone interview lasted about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Scenario: If the copy machines were down and there was a line of 15 corp members who were getting aggravated because they could not make their copies for class, how would you respond?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in Apr 2015

Interview

There were two rounds. The first was typical interview questions, strengths & weaknesses etc. The second round they gave me an operations task to complete. They are quick to mention that there is no salary negotiation.

Interview Questions
  • How would you handle an employee who does not follow through on a delegated task.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in Mar 2015

Interview

Automatic prompt interview followed by a skype interview in March. Very simple behavioral, lots of questions about leadership and working with diverse groups of people to achieve a goal. Their values are very important so try to work those in to the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Would you prefer working on company culture or logistics support?

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2015

Interview

The interview process, like everything in TFA, is full of a lot of pre-work. When initially applying, all applicants are given a task to organize several tasks before the start of Institute. I would suggest to always think outside the box because they are looking for people who stand out and are passionate about their organization. Always go beyond what is expected. After you're notified for an interview, most of the questions are pretty typical. I would suggest telling stories of your life that demonstrate the questions being asked. Make sure you do the reading and all the prework before the interview!

Interview Questions
  • There is a printer jam and a stressed corps member comes to you. What do you do?

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

After completing an activity demonstrating our ability to plan and organize a typical day at the Institute, we discussed the plan I had submitted and the reasoning behind my decisions. Pretty basic. The interviewer then asked about my interest in Teach For America and my reasons for applying for the position. She asked what was one of the most challenging experiences I have encountered. Also, she asked for a time when I disagreed with a supervisor.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in Feb 2014

Interview

Very easy interview because I was not asked any difficult questions. The interviewer was very welcoming and friendly. It was a very relaxing environment. You dont have much to worry about.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The interview process for this position is conducted by one main interviewer, a director-level worker, and a few director-level others may stand by to listen in on the interview. The interview was not stressful but was longer than other interviews for jobs. They seem to like extremely busy people who have a lot to talk about.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about previous leadership experience and difficulties. Most questions were straight-forward.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews