Teach for America Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA | Glassdoor

Teach for America Interview Questions in Philadelphia, PA

3.2

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Apply online, then go in for a group interview (Super day esque). I applied for the junior early deadline.
    Online process is pretty straightforward - make sure you submit things on time and have someone read your essays for feedback/grammar. Try to polish up your resume and focus on achievements (with numbers). Obviously, be politically correct.
    In person day - teaching lesson is stressful, prep prep prep. Have some sort of props like handouts to use. Dig around on TFA website/internet to help prepare. Stick with simple lessons and have all your info written out ahead of time (name, subject .. etc). Practice and time yourself !!
    1 on 1 interview is a bit strange, make sure you can highlight leadership achievements and results. Pretty standard questions you'd expect in an interview, similar to the ones on here. Not too stressful, 45 min

Try to appear polished throughout the process, practice !! everything, look over the 8 things they want in candidates/mission.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

Application online, phone interview (everyone doesn't get a phone interview but that doesn't really affect your hiring chances), assessment or "online activity" that ask questions about various situations, 5 mins teaching lesson in front of other applicants, in person interview

Manager, Grants and Public Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long and very thorough, which can be good or bad, depending on who you are. I enjoyed it because it gave me the opportunity to really understand if this workplace would be a good fit for me, and also saved me the worry that I was jumping into a role without all of the information. They really want to know if you are ready for a position with them, which made me feel confident in the rest of the team.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Application with essay questions, phone interview and in person interview. The in person interview required preparation. They had required readings, which we did not go over at all. And the majority of time was spent talking about what teach for America does.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

The full-day interview includes teaching demonstration, group discussion, and individual interview. For the teaching demonstration, it is imperative that you follow "I do, you do, we do" format. Don't ever just lecture at the kids. Also have something to assess the students' level of understanding. It is also important that you abide by the time limit; the interviewers will be very strict about that.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline?   1 Answer

TFA Corps Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a long one. Almost two months long. They have you submit about four essays in the initial application. If you pass that you'll make it on to the phone interview. If you make it pass the phone interview you'll make it on to the last in-person interview/sample lesson plan. They claim they want diversity but their organization make-up proves otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Take us through a difficult experience in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2015.

Interview

Lengthy and detailed online application. ~Two hour online exercise. I was able to skip the phone interview step and moved directly to final interview. Final interview was exactly how they describe it on the website. Group interview, Teach a 5 minute lesson, Q & A session, group activity, then individual interviews. Advice: ask questions that make your fellow applicants look good during their lessons and they'll ask nice ones back. Come prepared with questions for the Q & A session, no one had questions in my group (10 of us) so I got to ask 2 questions that helped demonstrate my interest. Don't ask a question that's already addressed online somewhere or that is very specific (e.g., can I teach in NY if I pass my PA state exams?) For the individual interview, they really let you elaborate on your answers so don't be shy! They focused on my leadership activity that I had spent the most time on. They also asked a lot about my thesis. My interviewer and I clicked on a certain topic in education reform and went on that tangent for a while, if you're passionate about educational reform, let it show--because your interviewer probably is to!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a corps member?
      Talk about a time you had to work in a group for your *insert leadership activity*.
      Talk about a time you had difficulty working with another person.   Answer Question

Manager, Teacher Leadership Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

Similar to the corps member application. An initial written application that describes your experiences in the classroom (which is required) as well as describing your experiences as a corps member, and a phone or in person interview that requires a role play as a teacher coach. The application is slightly different if you're still in the classroom, or outside of the classroom.

Interview Questions

• How did you use data to track your students, and inform your instructional practices?   Answer Question

MTLD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, then submission of teaching artifacts, virtual coaching of a fictional teaching, then video of yourself teaching/leading, then a video interview or an in person interview depending on your location

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teach for America (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview because I was not asked any difficult questions. The interviewer was very welcoming and friendly. It was a very relaxing environment. You dont have much to worry about.