Teach for America Program Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America (Washington, DC) in July 2009.

Interview

Interviewing for Teach for America was very straightforward. I received an email notification stating their interest and that we should schedule an appropriate time for a phone interview. The HR professional and I scheduled a time and within another email contained pertinent information for the job I had applied.

The interview itself was very easy going and I was asked why I was drawn to Teach for America, which practices and work environment aspects within the company were most desirable to me. Also, I was asked why I felt this position was a good fit for me.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Program Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

After completing and submitting an application online I was contacted (within a week) to set up a phone interview. The interview was conducted by a general recruiter and lasted about an hour. During the interview we discussed some basics like, why I wished to work for the company, what does being a leader/leadership mean to me, and what some of my long term goals were. We also discussed my previous work experience and how the knowledge gained there would benefit me in the role for which i was applying. Over all the phone interview went well and I felt that the interviewer was pleased with the interview as well. A few days later I received an email requesting a second interview with the actual group the job opening was with. This interview consisted of three members of the group and myself. I was asked a series of questions about the job and how I would handle different situations. We went over my resume and talked about past situations in which I excelled or was able to have an impact on a group, my coworkers, or boss. Again, I felt the interview went well. The interviewers noted several qualities that they appreciated and inquired about salary requirements and my thoughts about working in the position. After a week I received an email saying they were still reviewing candidates. After another week I received an email stating that they decided to go with another candidate. i have no complaints about the interview process itself, i simply wish that I was given a little more feedback as to why I was not hired for the position.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you faced resistance from your superior but still completed your idea and goal? And how did you do this?   Answer Question
    • What organizational core value to you most identify with and why?   Answer Question