Find jobs for Program Coordinator

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Program Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2013

To filter interviews, or .
Found 3 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive67%
Neutral33%
Applied online100%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in Jun 2013

Interview

I was given a first round screening from someone in New York then a local screening for the Chicago position. I was not able to move on. They were very transparent and organized for their interview process and you could tell why they are successful. I would apply to them again in the future.

Interview Questions
  • What did you improve the most in the past year?
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America in Oct 2009

Interview

Phone interview for me are always somewhat awkward--I prefer in person. They asked me a few questions and a couple caught me off guard. 1. How do you stay organized? I answered it with a general answer but they kept asking details on how I do it. It was complicated to answer. Also they wanted to know how I prioritized everything. 2. Which core values to you relate to most? 3. Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't like. 4. Why are you interested in Teach for America? Also, they had do an activity over how I would plan and budget an event.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

11d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA) in Aug 2008

Interview

I submitted my resume on the organization's website. Within four days, I received an email requesting a phone interview a couple of days later. I scheduled the 30-minute interview two weeks later based on a date range they provided. My interview confirmation email included two documents with details about the organization and its values. A week after my HR phone interview (about 20 days into the process), I received an email from the Program Director in the office that I had applied to. She wanted to schedule a second interview and provided two exercises to complete in preparation for the interview. The second interview was scheduled for the following week (26 days into the process). It went well, for the most part. I distinctly recall a portion where I stumbled, which is likely why I wasn't offered the position, despite having considerable relevant experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to work with someone with whom you didn't get along.
  • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it.
2 people found this interview helpful