Cover image for Teach for America

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Recruitment Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 25, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 1.1K interviews

Applied online100%
3.7
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in Nov 2021

Interview

Applied online and received pre-work assignment about 2 weeks later. The assignment was 4 multi-part questions. I got invited to a first round interview about 2 weeks after that where I answered some questions and did some role play scenarios. Got invited to a second interview about 2 weeks after the first one where I answered more questions and did another activity. I got a verbal offer later that week after the second interview. The whole process from application to offer took about 7 weeks.

Interview Questions
  • What is a challenge you faced in the workplace and what did you learn from it?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview last 2.5 hours and I was asked a series of questions about my previous work experience and perspectives. I was also asked to complete a mock activity, which required me to analyze data and give real-time reactions to the data.

Interview Questions
  • How do you organize your time? How do you react to busy days and lots of tasks in the work place? How do you accept feedback?

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Teachers

201.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Teach for America~105049
Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The whole process requires Multiple stages and lots of writing, final in-person interview requires multiple activities including a data analysis, role play, listening activities, and an hour long interview with multiple managers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in Jun 2018

Interview

Very thorough. Long process with many steps. Worked with a number of recruitment managers. Still waiting to hear decision. Would recommend applying to a friend. Sometimes the video questions were a bit redundant. Two of the videos essentially asked the same question.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Someone from the organization reached out about RM role. 3 step process- initial application/essays- why do you want to do this, etc, then data analysis and video self, then in-person interview consisting of 1:1, data analysis, and a role play. Everyone is affirming, kind, and SUPER politically correct. Organization seeks to really emphasize core values/RM culture pillars.

Interview Questions
  • How do you live out diversity? Tell about a time you had a ton to do and not enough time? How'd you stay organized/determine what to do?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Saint Louis, MO) in Mar 2015

Interview

There was an in-depth application that took a few hours to complete, followed by a phone interview, followed by an in-person interview in a central location with all other candidates who made it to that stage. I was there from 7:15 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. and all transportation and lodging was provided by Teach For America. From the point the application was due to the notification about the job offer, the process was 4 months long. Between the application and the phone interview, there was an online activity that had to be completed. The phone interview was a fairly standard 30-minute interview. After the phone interview, you get invited to the in-person interview day. The interview day consisted of 3 separate interviews for me personally; however, I met people who had 2 and people who had 5. There was a lot of down time in between each interview, and there was a lunch panel to answer questions at the location. The interviews consisted of role plays and hypotheticals, there was a prioritizing activity and then your standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Lots of role plays and hypotheticals. Do your research about the benefits of being a corps member for Teach For America are for different people (i.e., a person interested in engineering vs. a person interested in political science).
3 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America in Mar 2015

Interview

submitted an application with essays online for first process, had phone interview and then was asked to fly to MO for all-day interview. the all-day interview was quite intense, more so than we were let onto, and with a flurry of people to speak to. originally was turned down and not offered the position (in strange phrasing as well, noting that my skills did not match the ones they were looking for), and a month later received an email with an offer to join the recruitment team.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Lots of activities and different rounds of interviews with different people. This is a great chance to really get to know the nature of the work though and to get a thorough understanding of the organization's staff culture, especially since most candidates hired into this role come out of the Corps.

7 people found this interview helpful