Teach for America TFA Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America TFA Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 14, 2017

3.5

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Phone interview with basic questions; in-person interview with a group. Multiple activities including traditional interview and presentation of a lesson. At the end there was also a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you organize your short term and long term projects/deadlines?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Extensive interview. Online application is the easiest part, but they require candidates to complete pre work before the final interview such as short answer responses to questions that require a lot of thought and time. Make sure to be prepared for the five-minute demo, include an evaluation of the students and make sure to know how to respond to wrong answers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project (they also ask class) you had a challenge with?
      They ask follow-up questions about it, when did you realize it was going to be challenging? What was the end result?
      Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in February 2017.

Interview

Filled out application online and received a notification within days about signing up for an interview. As i couldn't make it to an interview location, they had convenient virtual interview times that you could sign up for. The interview consisted of presenting a teaching lesson to other interviewees, a group activity, and a one-on-one interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ann Arbor, MI).

Interview

It was a group interview. You were given an issue and you had to figure out if you would vote yes or no on the resolution while working together.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to stay organized? Why are you passionate about this organization?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

First, everyone in the interview gave their sample lesson plan. Then, we were given a short introduction to Teach For America and the experiences of our interviewers in the Corps. Then, we did a group activity, and then had our personal interview times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL).

Interview

My interviewer shamed me for exiting an abusive situation. One of the questions she asked is when I left a commitment and I told her about when I was being physically abused on the job and had to end my contract early. This was apparently a mistake, because she would not stop mentioning it afterwards. She kept saying that they didn't know if I would be able to commit to TFA because I broke that contract previously. Let me just say that if a company is going to make people feel ashamed for leaving an abusive situation instead of trying to address the abuse, itself, that is a huge issue. In addition, there were several unprofessional aspects of the interview. Another applicant showed up almost an hour late, and they still let him interview! This was disrespectful to those of us who had actually been on time. Also, the interviewers kept forgetting to start their timers for the lesson plan portion of the interview, leading to some of the applicants to have a longer time than the others. I ended up withdrawing my application.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

The process was a set of an application, an online interview, and a a full day in person interview. My biggest piece of advice, prepare for everything! If you make it to the last round make sure you prepare your classroom lesson. Also prepare for your final interview- it is tough!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It was three rounds:
    1:essay/short response
    2:phone interview
    3:in person - teach a 5 minute lesson, group interview, one on one

The put the most emphasis on the 5 minute lesson. They want you to be able to be deliver it and be able to check for understanding within the time limit. It's also important that you the lesson engages the people in the room which are both fellow people interviewing and TFA employees. T

Interview Questions

• There's 30 minute one on one portion where they ask about background and really focus on why TFA and times in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Very long process and it takes a long time to hear back, after the final interview. Phone interview, online activity, in person interview, teach a lesson, 2 referrals and a recommendation. No indication if they like you or not during the final interview. The online activity was the most difficult part for me because the questions were hard to answer.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is pretty long and intensive --- they're really looking to see how you operate as a leader. They'll focus a lot more on leadership experiences rather than experiences you have in a classroom.