KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America TFA Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 145 of over 1.1K interviews

Campus Recruiting6%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Filled out series of forms in application, then an in person/synchronous interview. The thing with these interviews is that you need to specify that you are going to hold kids to high standards. You are going to push them to their limits (in a good way), hold them accountable, etc.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you encountered a setback in a project?
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The first part of the interview requires you to role play a self-made, short lesson that meets their goals within 5 minutes. The lesson can be of any topic or grade level, regardless of your desired placement. You will be asked questions about your role playing and how you incorporated all requirements within a short period of time. During the second portion of the interview, you answer questions about a case study relating to students and an issue in the school or with parents. The third portion of the interview is Q&A style with questions ranging from equity lens to personal growth.

Interview Questions
  • Think about a time when you were given negative feedback. How did you turn that feedback into a positive goal to work toward in the future?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

2d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Very long but straightforward interview process. I prepared for it by reading the book destination teach for America. This book gives you everything you need to know about the interview process with step-by-step instructions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful