Cover image for Teach for America

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America TFA Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 28, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 145 of over 1.1K interviews

Campus Recruiting6%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Filled out series of forms in application, then an in person/synchronous interview. The thing with these interviews is that you need to specify that you are going to hold kids to high standards. You are going to push them to their limits (in a good way), hold them accountable, etc.

Interview Questions
  • When was a time you encountered a setback in a project?
    Answer Question

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

The first part of the interview requires you to role play a self-made, short lesson that meets their goals within 5 minutes. The lesson can be of any topic or grade level, regardless of your desired placement. You will be asked questions about your role playing and how you incorporated all requirements within a short period of time. During the second portion of the interview, you answer questions about a case study relating to students and an issue in the school or with parents. The third portion of the interview is Q&A style with questions ranging from equity lens to personal growth.

Interview Questions
  • Think about a time when you were given negative feedback. How did you turn that feedback into a positive goal to work toward in the future?
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Teachers

201.1K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/teachers/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Teach for America~105049
Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Very long but straightforward interview process. I prepared for it by reading the book destination teach for America. This book gives you everything you need to know about the interview process with step-by-step instructions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Apr 2021

Interview

The interview was online. (There are usually in person options but we are in a pandemic.) Before interview, they asked me to answer two pre-interview/short answer questions. For the interview, they asked me to read a case study and come up with a proposal about what I would do. For the interview, they also asked me to come up with a 5 minute lesson.

Interview Questions
  • -Can you tell me a little bit about yourself?
  • -TFA recognizes racial and economic inequities, how have you come to understand that?
  • -Follow up questions to lesson, ex. you find out only 20% of your class successfully learned lesson, what would you do?
  • -Tell us about a mistake you've made/time you have received feedback.
  • -Why does educational equity mean so much to you?
  • -There are lots of ways to make a change, why education?
  • -How will you try to make a change in classrooms?
  • -Follow up questions for case study, ex. a teacher disagrees with approach you would take and suggests x, y, z, how do you respond?
3 people found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Disappointing. They asked questions as if they already knew what they wanted your answer to be, and weren't willing to actually listen to my proposals. I had an awesome recruit, but I think my whole admission relied on whether or not the interviewer liked me. Every other aspect of the process was great and enjoyable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America in Jan 2021

Interview

Meeting with a recruiter, initial application, pre-interview seminar, interview that consisted of a teaching sample (5 minutes), case activity (around 10 minutes), and formal interview questions (around 45 minutes). The whole interview lasted the whole allotted hour and 30 minutes. I heard back about a month later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you worked with a team to accomplish a goal, what was your role?

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

It was a seamless process. There was plenty of communication involved so I knew the whole process. It was a phone interview followed by an in-person interview. They let me know around the end of April which was right before I graduated.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Great! Interviewers were thoughtful, easy to meet with and were genuinely interested in your prior experience. Interview process was smooth, interesting and fun! They were also great about following up after your interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

My interview experience with TFA was extremely positive. My interviewer was welcoming and sweet; I was so nervous going into the interview (especially since it was over Zoom), but she made me feel so comfortable and relaxed. The TFA website does a great job outlining exactly how you need to prepare for the interview, so I definitely suggest reading through their material beforehand. The interview started out with a 5-minute lesson plan, then some personal interview questions (situational and behavioral), a 10-minute role play conversation, and then you get to listen to your interviewer tell their story about joining TFA. Overall, the interview was a really positive experience and there were so many resources to help me prepare! There were tons of interview prep sessions via Zoom and my recruiting manager was always following-up throughout the application process.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a challenge you faced in a previous role and explain how you overcame it.
  • Describe a time where you struggled in a course.

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

It’s pretty straightforward and is divided into group and one on one portions. You’ll be teaching a lesson in front of the interviewers and your fellow applicants. You’ll do a group exercise and then be split for the one on one.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with students in different example scenarios?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 145 Interviews