Teach for America TFA Corps Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America TFA Corps Member Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.5

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Resume, Letter of Intent, Online Application

Online Activity, Phone Interview

Letters of Recommendation, Full Day Interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

TFA Corps Member Interview

Interview

online app with statement of interest, phone interview, online assignments, in person interview

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

After submitting the online application, there is a phone interview that you may or may not have to complete. I skipped to the final interview which was in person. There was a 5 minute presentation that each interviewee had to deliver to display creativity and speaking skills. There was also a group conversation and a one-on-one interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not very difficult, however the role play was unexpected.   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

numerous rounds. Be prepared for lots of paperwork. They are really into numbers and look for leadership experiences. At the final interview, you have to do a sample lesson plan and they are very strict about the time.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Two step interview process:
    1) Phone interview - looking to ascertain your "biggest impact" role. They really want to know if you have the leadership skills necessary to make a great teacher.
    2) Full day interview - nothing unexpected. The group presentations are incredibly risk-free -- PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! I can't overstate that enough. The in-person interview is just a conversation where they really want to get to know your motivations better.

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

There was an online application which you answered short answers about why you wanted to work for TFA, questions about your leadership/experiences. From there I was invited to a phone interview, which was a pretty basic,typical interview, where she asked questions about my resume, why I want to work for them, ect. After I had to do an online activity and then invited to a final interview. The final interview, personally was the most enjoyable part of the process. The final interview consisted of a 5 minute lesson plan, which you teach to all of the other interviewees, a group activity/discussion, introduction of the interviewers and a chance to ask them questions, and then a one on one interview. The interviewers were very friendly and enthusiastic, which in turn made me more comfortable and excited to join.

Interview Questions

• You had to role play a scenario with your interviewer, which could range from a variety of topics involving education, and problems you'll face in the classroom. Mine was trying to convince the principle why I (as a teacher) should take the class on a field trip. It was only difficult because it can be a bit awkward and strange to role play   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Online form and short essay questions, then invited for a short screening phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected, but the phone interview is odd because it feels like you're talking to a machine.   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I applied online and wrote a stellar essay with mediocre extracurriculars and made it into the second round phone interview. The phone interview was actually very easy, as my interviewer was extremely passionate for education and spoke more than I did during the call. I made it to the final round and successfully led the group and presented my sample lesson well, but made a crucial mistake in saying that I support segregation in special cases. Not that I am racist or sexist, but I just spoke my mind saying that specific groups of people like special education students must be placed in different classrooms to receive the appropriate education. That was my bad.

Interview Questions

• How did you think you did in the group discussion interview?   Answer Question

TFA Corps Member Interview

Interview

Very rigorous. 2 phone interviews. One 8 hour battery day. 6 weeks institute. More interviews with districts. Then you begin. This process is very cumbersome for the actually pay you will receive. The experiences and education will gain will be very beneficially but its not the ideal way to go if you can get into better jobs out of college.

Interview Questions

• Present a mock lesson in front of 20 - 40 other applicants. Additionally, do not disclose too many biases or preferences. They read into so much about what you think and believe. If you are conservative, you will have a hard time finding similar minded people.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Where do you want to go?

TFA Corps Member Interview

Interview

Online application with statement of purpose followed by either a phone interview then an in person interview or straight to an in person interview. In Person involves teaching a 5 minute sample lesson, group exercise and finally a 1 on 1 interview. Tough process really concerned about your ability to survive in a tough environment.