KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Teach for America Corp Member Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 34 of over 1.1K interviews

Campus Recruiting7%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Phone interview first round, then individual interview with interviewer and group interview with other applicants and observers consisting of teaching a five minute lesson and working together with others to solve a problem. Clear process broken up into sections.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your experience working with others from different backgrounds as yours.
    Answer Question
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

TFA prioritizes Corp member knowing their mission statement and the educational inequity that occurs throughout the United States in various regions. Knowing your purpose for TFA is dire during the interview process.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

5d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Teach for America in May 2021

Interview

If prepared--as in reading what the website relays to you about the interview questions--the interview process moves swimmingly. We are told to prepare a presentation as if we were teaching a lesson to children--it must be less than 5 minutes. Next, we are told to analyze the previously given case study, I wrote out my reaction as in a letter to the superintendent. Finally, the interviewer asks more personal questions about goals, challenges, aspirations, and why you want to join TFA. It felt more of a formal conversation than an interview. Two weeks later I received my acceptance to the Denver Corps (second choice)!

Interview Questions
  • When was there a time that you faced a challenge attempting to achieve a goal in your life?
Be the first to find this interview helpful