Teach for America Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 10, 2017

3.5

247 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Online application, letters of recommendation, essay questions, group interview, in person interview. During the interview they only asked me about one leadership position on my resume. I could tell the interview was following a template of questions and inserting one of the interviewee's given leadership positions. Questions such as: "tell me about a time you failed in (insert leadership position) and what you did afterwards?" "tell me about a time you didn't get a long with someone in (insert leadership position) and what the affect was" etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were faced with a difficult position as _____ (insert leadership position) and what you did to overcome that obstacle?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Online process requiring transcripts, recommenders, and general essay questions about the mission and some various scenarios about teaching. Important to have a strong resume and essays that lead into an in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

informal coffee with a TFA recruiter, whole group interview with a dozen other competing corp members with roundtable questions and teaching segment wherein each applicant had to prepare a lesson and teach it to others, individual interview the same day

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a teacher?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chapel Hill, NC) in September 2017.

Interview

They really make it seem like you are going to get the job - even if you aren't. The process was actually pretty fun and everyone I met was helpful and very nice.

Teacher Interview

Interview

After answering some questions and providing a personal statement and resume online, I participated in an in-person interview that involved both an individual interview and group activity. We were required to give a teaching lesson in front of other applicants, which went well and was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in the position? Why had led me to apply?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

First, they had everyone do a sample teaching lesson with the other interviewees participating as students, then a group discussion about an issue facing a school, and finally the interviewers talked about their Teach for America experiences. Then there was a short break before going in to the final personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you didn't get along with someone and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I first filled out an application online and was directly invited to a final round interview. The final round was a long process, and consisted of multiple steps, but I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what skills you have that would make you a good teacher?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in March 2017.

Interview

Very long process that took about a month to get through. I had a virtual interview which was very long with about 7 other interviewees. After the group interview, there was a personal interview the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I received an email for the first interview stage. The first stage consists of reading a few articles and then answering questions about what you would do in that situation. Or what you thought about the scenario. I week or so later I received an offer for an in person interview. The second and final interview is a group interview. 2 members of TFA are present and 5 or so other interviewees. The day consists of a short 5 minute lesson plan. You must present one and participate in the other candidates lessons. Next, there are 2 case study scenarios and you must discuss with your group what you would do and why. The TFA employees conducting the interview give some prompting but that is all. Lastly, after a break you have a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what you would do in a scenario where a school district was low on funding. Would you close one school and relocate students or cut a few teacher jobs?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Was reached out to a recruiter but did not get accepted. This process seems like a scam. It takes a few months to go through entire process. For application, then group interview with teaching a lesson plan.