Teach for America Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 4, 2017

3.5

244 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

informal coffee with a TFA recruiter, whole group interview with a dozen other competing corp members with roundtable questions and teaching segment wherein each applicant had to prepare a lesson and teach it to others, individual interview the same day

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Teacher Interview

Interview

After answering some questions and providing a personal statement and resume online, I participated in an in-person interview that involved both an individual interview and group activity. We were required to give a teaching lesson in front of other applicants, which went well and was enjoyable.

Interview Questions

• Why was I interested in the position? Why had led me to apply?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

First, they had everyone do a sample teaching lesson with the other interviewees participating as students, then a group discussion about an issue facing a school, and finally the interviewers talked about their Teach for America experiences. Then there was a short break before going in to the final personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you didn't get along with someone and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

I first filled out an application online and was directly invited to a final round interview. The final round was a long process, and consisted of multiple steps, but I received an offer and accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what skills you have that would make you a good teacher?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America in March 2017.

Interview

Very long process that took about a month to get through. I had a virtual interview which was very long with about 7 other interviewees. After the group interview, there was a personal interview the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, a few weeks later I received an email for the first interview stage. The first stage consists of reading a few articles and then answering questions about what you would do in that situation. Or what you thought about the scenario. I week or so later I received an offer for an in person interview. The second and final interview is a group interview. 2 members of TFA are present and 5 or so other interviewees. The day consists of a short 5 minute lesson plan. You must present one and participate in the other candidates lessons. Next, there are 2 case study scenarios and you must discuss with your group what you would do and why. The TFA employees conducting the interview give some prompting but that is all. Lastly, after a break you have a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what you would do in a scenario where a school district was low on funding. Would you close one school and relocate students or cut a few teacher jobs?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America.

Interview

Was reached out to a recruiter but did not get accepted. This process seems like a scam. It takes a few months to go through entire process. For application, then group interview with teaching a lesson plan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teach for America (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me by email, she sounded very enthusiastic and scheduled an interview for me with another recruiter. Recruiter called late, and didn't ask a single question, he literally talked about himself the entire time. A week later I got a rejection with no reason given. This was so insanely unprofessional, they clearly had no intention to hire me, but wasted my time anyway.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Houston, TX).

Interview

Online application, then you are notified if you have been selected for an interview...after this you have to upload transcripts, and enter all your credits and classes manually for all semesters online, and prepare for a 5 minute teaching lesson. The lesson can be any subject grades k-12....also you need to read some online material that will be used during a group activity in which the interviewers don't participate in, but just watch to see who is talking, or referencing the online material. The group has to act like school board members and have to make a ruling on a problem. There is no right or wrong answer to the ruling. Then you have a lunch break, sign up for your personal interview time slot, and wait. The personal interview is about an hour long. A week later they emailed us if we got the position or not. No reason is given if you are not hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied through an online application. Then, I had an in person interview. The interview lasted all day. First, there was a group interview which included a 5 minute sample teaching lesson After a break, there was an individual interview in the afternoon.