Teach for America Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teach for America Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Teach for America

3.5

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (New Haven, CT) in October 2016.

Interview

First there was a resume drop which was literally just submitting your resume. Then I was offered an in person interview which consisted of a 5 minute sample lesson, a group activity and then a personal interview. The personal interview was mostly behavior and took about an hour. Overall it was a friendly and comfortable process. I was also in contact with a recruiter during the entire process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teach for America

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Atlanta, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

All applicants are required to apply online first and upload transcripts and three references who will fill up online recommendations. There are also additional online activities which each applicant has to finish like why you want to work there and possible scenarios, along with reading preparatory material which they provide online. Also, each applicant is required to prepare a five minute lesson plan to demonstrate in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with us?   1 Answer

The job requires relocation and I was unable to do so.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tuscaloosa, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Tuscaloosa, AL) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step is filling out a pretty in-depth questionnaire. It included pretty basic things like your GPA and why you would want to be a part of TFA. After applying, you find out a week or two later if you have been selected for an interview. After the in person interview, you find out if you have been selected to be a part of TFA.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ithaca, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

there was an online application, then a phone interview for about an hour, then they had you fill out another questionare and a behavioral analysis and then there was a final interview that lasted a few hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teach for America (Spokane, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

Long, explain what people do after their two year commitment. I know that people would be happier if they explained every possibility when taching for two years, like MBA programs or gradschool, or networking events for after your commitment

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Teach for America (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Long and ardous. Interview entailed group interview with a mock lesson and 1:1 interview. Also had a phone interview at the beginning. Have to prep quite a bit of the interview and can be a bit nerve wracking.

Interview Questions

• Model lesson plan. Had to get in front of other candidates and do a model lesson plan. had to do same thing when interviewing at various schools.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Pretty straightforward as you went in for a group teaching interview and then an individual one after. The interviewers were super kind and they gave us a couple of breaks throughout the group interview section. I thought the teaching section would be more difficult than it really was. You only needed to teach for five minutes and the time just flew by!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was on the phone where I was a lot of STAR Method questions. Then I was asked for an in-person interview a few months later. This was comprised of a teaching presentation in front of other candidates. Then you had to answer a group question. Finally you sat down with a TFA representative who asked you similar questions to the phone interview.

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America (Ithaca, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

After submitting the initial application, there is an online "competency" test, a phone interview and an in-person group interview with a teaching and critiquing component. The online test included different classroom scenarios and asked the participants to rate how they would react to said scenarios. In the phone interview, the interviewer will often pick one item on your resume and ask in-depth questions about that one thing. When submitting your resume to TFA, make sure you include any relevant teaching experience, and highlight this on your resume as to ensure that they ask you questions about this. The in-person group interview consisted of a 5-minute teaching portion, questions from the two interviewers, a group case-study and then one-on-one interviews. It lasted several hours on a Saturday.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you stay organized?
      Q: What aspects of your background do you think will make you a good teacher?
      Q: How do you think students will respond to you?
      Q: Do you believe that one day all children will have access to a quality education?   Answer Question

Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Teach for America in March 2015.

Interview

First it was a call interview, then they had me take an exam online, then in person we had to prepare a teaching lesson and work in groups and figure a problem out.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you had to work with someone you did not like and how did that go?   Answer Question