Find jobs for Teaching

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Teach for America Teaching Interview Questions

Updated May 30, 2019

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 1.1K interviews

Interviews at Teach for America

Positive80%
Negative20%
Applied online100%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America

Interview

Long and complex, with hours of grueling paperwork and interviews. However, even though they demand so much time and information from applicants they are ABSOLUTELY cryptic in revealing their evaluation criteria. Prepare to spend 6-12 hours on grueling preparation and interviews, with no feedback from their end. Also, I have heard they love to force many to be a math teacher, my reluctant to teach some advanced high school math this may have been the reason I was rejected, but they were never honest in indicating their reasons for turning me down. I wrote an appeal letter and still received a cryptic, cold rejection letter without any feedback. Then, they turned my name over to hundreds of other organizations, some of which appear to be scammy degree mills that were filling my inbox without my permission. While I concede that some of these institutions were legitimate, many were not, they would frame themselves as an 'employment opportunity when in reality they were uber expensive training programs, whose costs are out of the reach of most applicants looking for a job. If you teach high school STEM your chances might be better. But overall I cannot recommend applying TFA due to dishonest practices.

Interview Questions
  • What makes you qualified to teach to students of underprivileged backgrounds
    1 Answer
1 person found this interview helpful

Teach for America

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teach for America in Oct 2016

Interview

It was involved and long at times. Over all through which is important. The recruiters helped a lot but overall I felt like I was not sure what specific qualities they cared for.

Interview Questions
  • The questions were good but sometimes too broad.

What people are saying about Teach for America

Join the conversation on

Career Pivot

11d

an

Educator

Any advice for an educator looking to pivot into consulting/ed tech/business in general? I went to a top 20 school, teach for america, got my masters, I'm smart, resilient, great at solving problems.... but also have never done anything but teach Struggling to get hiring managers to take a chance on me....I just submit resumes and cover letters alllll day into ATS blackholes and never hear back. any advice from recruiters, others who have done the pivot, or anyone would be appreciated!

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2011

Interview

The telephone interview mainly focused on leadership roles I had in the past and challenges that I had to overcome.

Interview Questions
  • None. The questions were expected. This is not a trick interview!

Anonymous Employee in MISSING VALUE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teach for America in Feb 2010

Interview

Phone interview was about 30 min of typical interview questions. I had to read two articles to prepare, but I wasn't asked anything about them specifically- just what I thought in general. The interviewer was a very nice Teach For America recruiter (some other interviewers are TFA alums). I was asked about challenges I've overcome, etc.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful