TeacherActive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

TeacherActive Interview Questions

Interviews at TeacherActive

Supply Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Nottingham, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I arrived promptly and was asked to show proof of my teaching credentials, which were photocopied and handed back to me. I asked various questions about how supply worked which were all answered. I paid a standard DBS fee of £48 in order for them to check that I was okay to work with children.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been teaching?   1 Answer

Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

terrible way of going about it, they were very quick which is good but even if you are fully qualified if they simply don't like you personally then you won't get it.

Interview Questions

• how would you cope with the work load   1 Answer

PE Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Manchester, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

Contact by phone; Quick; Easy; Informal; Cosy atmosphere in the interview; Friendly; The clear process was also quick and then it was a matter of weeks until I started working through TeacherActive;

Interview Questions

• What can you teach? How many years of experience? Safeguarding in school   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Interview

Interview was very hard, talent manager was lovely but manager that interviewed was very stern and did not really put me at ease and actually made me feel a little uncomfortable.

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Liverpool, England (UK)).

Interview

CV based questions along with questions regarding your ambitions and future.
    Part 2 was a role play activity with verbal feedback.
    Was kept waiting for over 30 mins on my own in a small room between part 1 and part 2 of interview.
    No feedback given to me at all even though I thought it went well.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go into recruitment?   1 Answer

Trainee Recruitment COnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Meeting in Manchester for a role in Liverpool. Rude interviewer. Contradicted every answer I gave and told me my personal opinions were wrong. Left feeling angry and deflated. No feedback for 5 days

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you needed a science teacher but only had maths teachers   Answer Question

TeacherActive Response

Jan 22, 2018 – Managing Director

Hi

Thank you for your feedback. We always aim for every interview to be thorough, very challenging but overall enjoyable.

Normally feedback would be provided with 24/48hrs so something seems... More

Graduate Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Birmingham, England (UK)) in July 2018.

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face interview.

I found the entire experience poorly run and frustrating. First their find your details off CV Library and continuously call you until you agree to a phone interview without stating that it is a phone interview.
    Then the face to face interview was what you would expect. However, when I got there I was left waiting for 15 minutes the reason for which was not explained. The interviewer seemed very uninterested in my and was just asking general questions without any motivation to find out why I wanted the job or about me generally. Then, when hearing I was unsuccessful the feedback was that I didn't show my personality or my motivation for the job, how can that be so when I was not even asked about any of this. Additionally, the woman did not even have a list of questions out, just my CV, suggesting the content of my answers were irrelevant and rather just going off her first impression of me.

Recruitment Resourcer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call a day after applying for the role, the lady on the phone was very polite and asked me a few questions about myself and what my ambitions were. After that she explained the role to me and even sent me a PDF of the day plan for this particular role. After looking at said day plan I called her back and confirmed to her I would love to be put forward for the role.

I was asked to travel to London for an interview as the branch I would be working within was not open yet. I had an interview with a very professional gentleman who asked me what I knew about the role and what I was aiming for in my career. After this interview I then spoke to the lady I had initial contact with who relayed the feedback to me and asked if I was available for a phone interview with a Director of the company. After working in a retail environment for so long where I had very little contact with any higher ups I can say that being asked to talk to a Director was very exciting and proved they really do care about who they hire.

I was contacted shortly after by my initial contact once more who confirmed I had been successful and would like for me to meet with the branch manager of the office I would be working in. I had an interview with the branch manager and was invited to attend a trial day in the office, which would last 1 to 2 hours. I had a trial day shortly after, which was a really good way to experience first-hand the role and what I would be doing every day. I had my trial day on a Wednesday and heard back on the Friday if I had the job or not. Which I did!

All in all I can say that while the process is a long one, it is extremely worth it for both the company and the candidate. I was able to discuss the role many times, had all my questions answered and even had the opportunity to have a trial day to see if I would enjoy it and if I was a good fit. It also shows you how much this company do care about whom they hire and take it very seriously.

Interview Questions

• What is the main thing you are looking for in your next job?   1 Answer

SEN Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Informal very friendly chat about my experience and what I wanted they offered drinks and were very friendly I got to meet a few of the team and tell them my experience relating to the role I was looking for.

Interview Questions

• What work/life balance I was looking for   1 Answer

Cover Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Manchester, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy .Mainly they will check your documents and will ask questions about experience.Later on they will copy your papers and will take a photo of you .Most of the time was spent in copying all documents and asking questions about past experiences.Only two or three questions were about cover supervisor job description.
    Over all nothing to worry about .