TeacherActive Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

TeacherActive Recruitment Consultant Interview Questions

Interviews at TeacherActive

4.4

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Liverpool, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

Phone interview was fine, the lady I spoke with was really nice and I was invited to a formal face to face interview with the manager of the Manchester / liverpool branch. I was made to feel very uncomfortable during this interview , the questions I was being asked weren't relevant to the job role, I was I felt I was trying to be put off the job. Since the interview nearly 2 months ago now, I have not received any feedback what so ever! Would defiantly not recommend!

Interview Questions

• Was asked a lot about my mangers ability rather than my own   Answer Question

TeacherActive Response

Oct 12, 2016 – Managing Director

Hi

Sorry to hear that the interview experience was not a good one. Our interview questions will sometimes feel a little left field and will be really challenging - we need to see that new... More

Other Interview Reviews for TeacherActive

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

- The interview process was quite intense and very thorough
    - I was surprised to find out it was a 3 stage process but quickly saw how different each aspect was and the value of how much i learned about the company at each stage
    - As i progressed through each stage it was made abundantly clear that the process was selective and they were looking for a good 'match' for TeacherActive and not just someone who would benefit them
    - After each stage i received a friendly call from a lovely lady who asked for my feedback, gave me her opinions and supported me through the process. (She was brilliant)
    - The first 2 stages were more conversational which quickly put me at ease an enabled me to relax and give a true perspective of my personality and lifes goals.
    - The third stage clarified that recruitment is not an easy job, that i would face negativity and challenges but that there would be support and guidance along the way.

At every stage i was asked how much i wanted the role. TeacherActive are thorough, selective and simply looking to create mutually beneficial relationships within their teams.

Interview Questions

• - I was asked, in any of my previous roles, if i had made any large errors or faced adversity. If so... how did i deal with that crisis?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was open and honest about my previous salaries, age and experience level.
    This was taken into account and the proffered Salary was just shy of what i was looking for.
    I was then went on to explain and discuss my living situation, needs and requirements in more detail. The proposed Salary was subsequently increased and achievable boosters put in place.
    Over the moon :)

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2014.

Interview

When going through the interview process with TeacherActive, I found them to be very thorough and have a friendly approach.

In my first interview stage, the interviewer came across professional and made me feel welcome from the get go. However, I did find in comparison to other first stage interviews I had been on in the past, I was challenged and made to think on my feet which made the first stage tougher than I initially thought it would be.

After leaving the first stage interview I felt nervously excited as I hadn’t really been challenged before and knew if a company was prepared to question your reasons for joining then it must be worth proceeding.

I found that as I progressed, the more I got a feel for who TeacherActive are and what they represent. It’s obvious they want to make sure they recruit the right people for the team and start preparing them for the hard work ahead from the get go.

Since starting at TeacherActive I fully understand why I was interviewed the way I was i.e. My final interview was over the phone, as I had done face to face sales previously, they wanted to make sure I was able to get my personality across.

I feel the interview process helped me understand the culture of TeacherActive and prepared me well when settling in quickly with the team and culture of the company.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all focused on assessing my ability to take on the challenge of being an educational recruitment consultant.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Birmingham, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

It depends how much you're liked. The managing director would brag often how he could make people cry in an interview. It can be long and they lose a lot of good people because of this.

Interview Questions

• Role play how you would deal with a decision maker who says they don't want to speak with you   Answer Question

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TeacherActive (London, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

The first and second stage of the interview were fine and just talking about the job role, your experience etc.
    Very friendly, staff, managers however;
    The final stage was very difficult you do a role play where you are trying to pitch a Decision Maker who is not interested. (DM is the CEO - Rob)
    I have experience in sales an a high performer in my current company, so it was quite strange that I was trying to open him up however was not taking the bait.
    He gave me feedback which my sales trainer at my current company would hang me over if I ever thought to do this, however this might be different industries.
    There was no pitch given either so you're essentially pitching in an industry and expected to have a conversation on which you have no idea on.

After the telephone interview and reading the glassdoor reviews, it's good I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• A decision maker who does not want to speak to you.   1 Answer

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TeacherActive (Chelmsford, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

I was contacted directly by TeacherActive's 'talent acquisition' and after a chat on the phone was offered an interview.

The interview itself was around 40 minutes and was asked a few questions on my background and what would make me suitable on recruitment. I felt I had given a good interview and demonstrated why I would be a suitable.

I had no qualms with the interview however the 'feedback' provided was disgraceful from a company which is supposed to specialize in recruitment. Certainly given the fact this was a role I had not directly applied for.

I was simply told "the interviewer liked your energy but felt this might be 'too big a step for you' without any reasoning as to how the company had come to this decision. This was a role with a lower salary to positions I have previously held. I asked the recruiter if they could provide more in depth feedback with regards to this to receive a response of "not really, we don't really provide more feedback" before shortly after rather bluntly ending the phone call when I had said this was not feedback I entirely understood without further reasoning.

The recruiters do not provide you with a job spec and simply provide you with a link to the companies LinkedIn page. There is not much assistance with preparing for the interview (although in fairness this is not something I had asked for)

I was more than willing to accept that I may have been unsuccessful but the manner in which the company dealt with this thus far has been appalling.

Interview Questions

• Tell us why you would be a suitable candidate for this job.   1 Answer