Teavana Assistant General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

2.7

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teavana (Kansas City, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

There were 2 interviews for this position. I interviewed with the store manager first, followed by the district manager a few days later. Both interviews were positive experiences. They began with more standard questions about work history, and moved into goals and other influences. The interviewers kept it low stress and low pressure which helped the interview run pretty smoothly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you faced adversity, and how did you resolve the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Baltimore, MD) in April 2016.

Interview

The process was very thorough to start. There were three interviews in total. The first interview was all about learning more about the company. It was very informative and the benefits package for full time employees are excellent! Blue Cross Blue Shield with free tuition at Arizona State University. The second interview was very short and quick. More of a formality to get to know each other and what my interest is with joining the company. The third interview was with the overall director. Same as the second interview with a touch of the first..informative with plenty of exchange in knowledge and interests in joining the company.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana in January 2016.

Interview

Most questions focused on leadership capacities, especially in a fast-paced sales environment. Store awareness, delegation, and balance of sales/ops were relevant responses to most questions.
    Some focused on handling a variety of customer types and ethical judgments. Essentially, they want to ensure the prospective candidate has had experience balancing delegation with sales.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you could not please a difficult customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Assistant General Manager Interview

Interview

I was already an employee so I had an interview with my area manager and a phone interview with my regional manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied for MIT and they had me do an interview for AGM. Its a simple scheme to get you to to do all the work for a lower pay. Dont fall for it

Interview Questions

• They ask you to sell an item on the spot to them. Other than that the question are pretty much elementary   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I was sat down and pretty much told that I would be getting the job, but I was threatened at the same time. I was told that if the store didn't double in productivity then I was gone.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to increase productivity?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Annoying.

Assistant General Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teavana in February 2012.

Interview

When I first interviewed for Assistant General Manager, I had my AM and RM their. My AM did all the interviewing while the RM was on her phone or yawning the whole time. When I tried to tell my story, the RM would say I know I saw your resume. She was very cold and not willing to let me talk. The second time I did the interview it was just like the first time. I got the job with the promise of getting to General Manager after the first of the year. I didn't get it so I left.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your worse Manager that you worked for.   1 Answer