Teavana General Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teavana General Manager Interview Questions

2.4

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

General Manager Interview

Interview

The first step in the interview process was having a phone interview with a recruiter. Very simple first interview mainly just to get a fill for you. The recruiter will be your main source of contact throughout the interviewing process. She was great, contacted me about a hour after filling out the online applicationand was on time. If you pass that you will move on to interview with the area manager this can face to face or over the phone. The question was basic questions you would expect when interviewing for a management position in a sales based environment. Than you are moved on to a peer area manager interview with basically the same questions. The first three interviews moved pretty quickly in a matter of two weeks. After my peer interview I received a call from the recruiter that I was still being considered. Two and have weeks later I was scheduled to interview with the regional manager which lasted about 45 minutes. He ask more in-depth questions. About two hours later the recruiter call to offer the position. The whole process took exactly one month, my first interview was on February 26th and my last was on March 26th.

Negotiation

No negotiating on my end. The offer was more than I was expecting

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Very simple interview with standard questions. You will receive a call from a recruiter, most likely someone in Seattle. The recruiter will then do an over the phone interview and if it goes well set up a time to interview with the area manager. The area manager questions will be standard, the key is to be outgoing and talk up your ability to lead teams but also make sales yourself and lead by example. You will then do a second interview with an area manager from another state as a peer interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favourite boss
      Tell me about your least favourite boss
      How have you lead change   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Great energy, awesome questions. Interviewer was very attentive and asked great questions. They gave great stories about their work experience that gave you a vision on how to get to the next level. Absolutely enjoyed the experience!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana in July 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter. Then Area Manager and lastly the Regional Manager. I have multiple years of experience, and asked more questions than they did. They had all of the right answers of my questions about the job, training, what would be expected of me and even the expectations on scheduling. I was quickly hired. (About a week from start to finish.)

Interview Questions

• Unexpected... I asked more questions than all of my interviewers. They all were very interested in telling me their background, none of which were relevent to the job. Every person from this company will ask the same questions, in the same order.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, they will make 1 offer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

a few phone interviews with a recruiter and DM. Nothing in person for this role. Typical questions and a fairly straight forward process. Not meeting anyone face to face was a bit odd. I did have a chance to meet my direct manager once hired.

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Teavana in March 2014.

Interview

Corporate rep called and told about position and pay rate. Was overall a great experience. Interviewed with Area Manager very long interview but went well. Received phone call next day offering position

Interview Questions

• Precious sales positions is really the only thing that mattered.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview with area manager, phone and in person. Phone interview with regional manager. Area manager was late for the interview by hours, and late by one day for the follow up phone interview. Regional manager was on time for interview. Stressful as I had to follow up weekly. Phone calls were not answered or returned till the end of the process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I held out for 30% more money and I got it.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

I'm going to start this by saying I had my interview 5 years ago, I left as the store manager so I was the person doing the interviews. I wanted to give everyone insight from my perspective and what we looked for. Obviously be on time, after that most of the time we just want to have a conversation and talk. If you can't have a conversation with a stranger, retail is not for you. Mainly we asked, "Why do you want to work at Teavana?". Then we'll ask about your background and go over some of the jobs that were listed previously. When a interviewee came in we would always make them a cup of tea. Once the interview started, I would then ask them to sell me the cup of tea they are drinking i.e. talk about the flavor, color, what it would pair well with, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Nashville, TN) in January 2012.

Interview

One (very long) interview, hired two days later

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Buffalo, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

As I conduct all of the interviews at my store, I can say that Teavana teaches us to use behavioral based interview questions. For example, I will ask you a time when you set a goal and achieved it (to determine your drive.) Conversely, I will ask you to tell me about a time when you set a goal and did not meet it. I am looking for contrary evidence during this part of the interview. Expect to be interviewed looking for your ability to be a salesperson - how competitive, outgoing, aggressive and driven you are as a candidate. Expect to be tested during the interview - sell me this cup of tea or tell me about that sample you tried. Some general managers will even send you to the sample cart during the interview to see how comfortable you are getting in front of a group of people.

Interview Questions

• Any of the converse questions. As you prepare for jobs, always be prepared with a go-to list of things you've done really well in your prior work, academic or athletic experience. Know your passions and be prepared to offer the interviewer a glimpse into your personal life, without being detailed. Have an idea of some things in your past work that you could have done better and have learned from.   Answer Question