Teavana Barista/Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teavana Barista/Sales Associate Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Barista/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teavana (Century City, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

I applied online a couple times thinking that this place was a tea version of Starbucks. I applied multiple times hoping to get the job. I finally got an email asking me to schedule an interview and was very excited. After scheduling my interview I looked at the review on glass door and was appalled at some of the review of the employees saying how bad of a job it was. After reading I was no longer interested. Because I had scheduled an interview I decided to go through with it.

When I got there the interviewer seemed a bit too serious and stern which I didn't like too much but I figured she may be really nice, plus I didn't want the job anyway. The interview was EXTREMELY tough she asked me questions pertaining to sales goals and even asked me to sell her a credit card from my previous job. I did well and then she told me that the first two weeks of training would be full time 40 hours and was that okay. I told her that I had school and "would see what I could do" lol. She said okay then began to tell me more about the job. One thing that stuck out was when she said "some people like to sell by using the fun, bubbly, funny route.. thats not me".. I thought you must sell nothing then because thats called being personable. After the interview I went shopping and had a good day. I got a job that night at ArcLight Cinema.

Overall the interview went as if I was getting hired to run the sales dept. of a Fortune 500 company. About a week later I got an email saying they moved forward with other candidates but I had totally forgot about the job by then.

Interview Questions

• She asked me "What did your boss at your last job say when you were leaving?" What kind of question is that?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Sales Associate/Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in August 2013.

Interview

I began by filling out an application on the Teavana website on the 1st of August. I received a call on the 12th to set up an initial 1:1 interview. I was asked to send in my resume, and the next day I was asked if I would be able to do a phone interview, which I completed on the 16th. I was asked to come in a few hours later for an in person interview. I arrived 10 minutes early and waited as other customers were served. At about 5 minutes to my interview I told the manager who I was, and she asked me if I wanted a drink. While I thought about it she served a customer, and I asked if I could have what the customer was having. She showed me the two types of teas that went into the drink, and remembering what a lot of people have said about the 'selling tea' aspect of the interview, I tried my best to remember the ingredients. As she was ringing the customer up, I walked around the store looking at products. An associate approached me, introduced himself and let me know that he was going to be interviewing me. Exactly on schedule, he grabbed his papers and walked over to a few chairs in a relatively quiet section of the mall. He mainly asked questions about myself, told me about the company, and asked me if I was comfortable with the selling aspect of the job. The manager came over at the end of the interview and asked me a few questions. They let me know that they would discuss the interview and that they would be in contact with me by the 21st. I got a call 10 minutes later stating that they had liked me and offered me the position. I will be starting from the 23rd-26th. The people seemed very genuine and friendly, and made an effort to make every customer feel welcomed and special. Their orders were remembered and tips were given to save money and enjoy the tea better. They seemed very customer oriented and presented the customer with offers and information about products knowledgeably.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you decided to do something immediately and what was the outcome?   1 Answer