Teavana Human Resources Administrator (Atlanta) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.3

242 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Orange, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The other team members were nice and friendly. I was offered advice on the process and what to expect. The team lead was supportive and helpful in getting my interview set up with the manager. The manager was nice on the phone, however the job was not available since Teavana as a company is being closed in all malls.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana (Norfolk, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was simple and easy, she asked me questions that I knew how to answer. She was nice and said I probably have plenty of experience from working at my current job (grocery store). She told me she'd had other interviews and would call me in a few days to be fair, but she sent me a rejection email 15 minutes after my interview. I was shocked because I thought the interview went well so I called her and asked why and she said "we need someone for Christmas" and I told her that was available for Christmas, then she said "maybe that was someone else, we also need someone with more experience". This also confused me because she told that I probably had plenty of experience in the interview and the job description said no previous experience is needed. Either she was confused or not being truthful. Overall, this was a waste of time.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Went on one on one interview. That went super well, then I went into a group interview. did not get call back. The group interview was done literally outside in the mall with the general public which I found to be strange.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview Heights, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Fairview Heights, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied mid/late-April. Was finally asked to come in and interview on a Friday afternoon in late May. A positive thing is that I did get a free drink. However, the questions were tough. Was told I would hear back in a week and never received a call. As of the time of this review, it has been a month since my interview. I am glad I applied elsewhere and got a job because this interview process was terrible.

Interview Questions

• Think of one thing you use on a regular basis. Now - try to convince me to buy this item.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Teavana (Norfolk, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a one-on-one interview with the manager. You have to do the application online first before one is set up. It's a pretty simple interview where the manager asks you questions from a paper she has with her.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Teavana in April 2017.

Interview

I was offered an interview before I applied online because I spoke to the manager about working there while I was shopping. I applied online and my interview was 2 days later. I was asked various questions about myself as well as the company and working at Teavana. It was a pretty simple interview, but the interviewer's emotions were hard to read so I couldn't tell if they liked me or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how confident are you?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how competitive are you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were competitive and you succeeded.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you set a goal for yourself and you didn't reach it and how you dealt with that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (Toledo, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

The manager offers you a cup of tea and you discuss the "STAR" questions required by Starbucks companies. Questions about sales history are definitely required. Then, they will look over your resume and ask questions off of that. Be polite and enthusiastic! Easy Interview

Interview Questions

• What does "up-selling" mean to you in your previous work history?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in store and online, was asked to interview, was hired within a week. You're usually asked to come to the store location (a mall usually) and then you will interview with one of the managers (usually assistant manager).

Interview Questions

• They prepare you a tea to drink during the interview and then ask you to sell the tea as if you are selling it to a customer.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Teavana (Saint Petersburg, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

informative and very well thought out with i=good questions. Didn't really give any feeedback but i was not rushed throughout the process. She went back to a statement that i said and wanted me to elaborate on it.

Interview Questions

• How do you balance all 4 metric in your daily plans and what is your one thing that you find as an opportunity   1 Answer
    • how do you manage operations and customer experience   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Teavana (Manchester, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Very simple and straight forward. The manager brought me over to the food court, asked me my past retail and sales experience. How well I am at upselling, etc.