Teavana Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Teavana Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

2.3

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

Very informal interview where I was simply asked a series of questions. Finally, I was asked to pretend that I was a Sales Associate who needed to convince them to buy it by talking about why it was a perfect fit for their home, why they had to buy it right now instead of coming back and why I believe in the product that I was trying to sell to them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What do you know about tea? Are you willing to learn about tea? Why do you think you are a perfect fit for us?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Teavana

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Teavana (New York, NY).

Interview

The store was not ready yet, so at the time, the interviews were held across the street at a Starbucks. I met with two supervisors. They were very kind and sweet.

Interview Questions

• They asked approximately, how much I had sold in my last job and if I won any money through sales commissions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willow Grove, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Willow Grove, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty long interview. It was about 45 minutes, but the workers were friendly. I was shown around the store and was asked simple questions, but at the end I was expected to remember all the teas there. I could only recall 3 or 4 out of twelve teas. They were also really driven on sales, which isn't for me.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dissatisfied customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Teavana.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, the manager called me, and we set up a time for an interview. The interview was chill -- asked me about my experience. And I had to "sell" something to the manager.

Interview Questions

• I guess the most difficult would be the whole selling thing, but it's what they liked the most for me.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teavana (Torrance, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with an area manager because I applied to open a new store. We had a one on one where we discussed the company expectations and my availability. It was a quick interview. It was 20 minuets at the most.

Anonymous Employee in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Teavana (Hampton, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone call to set up the interview. Met with the assistant manager. She passed my info along to the general manager. Two interviews total. The interview with the AGM was focused on my skills, experience, and personality. The interview with the GM was more focused on information about the company and how I would fit in with the current staff.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest strength and weakness?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teavana in December 2013.

Interview

Being a team member is super important part of the interview. If you want to impress the manager you need to express how you are willing to learn. Even though I knew nothing about tea, I let the manager know that I am a team player and willing to learn more.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation when there is shattered glass on the floor and you are with a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana in October 2013.

Interview

You go to the store and usually they will think you are person selling tea and try to sell to you After you inform them you are there for the interview they will take you outside, in my case , and sit down with you. They will have your application and begin asking you questions of sale goals, what you do in your days, etc. Just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• They will let you have a tea to go with your interview. You will have to try and sell this tea to the person. Do you tea research and learn the flavors and so forth to sell the tea to your interviewer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Teavana (Tacoma, WA) in August 2013.

Interview

I was hired on the spot after dropping off a resume. However after the interview it took three weeks for me to be hired, after I had already done a three-day training. Ultimately my training was pointless and I was retrained. The whole process was messy because Teavana had recently been absorbed by Starbucks.

Sales Associate/Teaologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Teavana in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online through the mall's website. I got a call the next day and set up an interview 3 days later. The interview was very relaxed. The Assistant Manager made me a cup of tea and we went to a spot with some chairs and tables in the mall for the interview. We sat and he asked me some simple questions about retail. I didn't know anything about up-selling though, so I asked if he could explain it to me so that I could answer the question to the best of my ability. He also had me do a little presentation on the cup of tea I chose to drink. What does it taste like? Smell like? What time of day/year could you drink this tea?

Interview Questions

• Could you explain to me what up-selling is?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They wanted me to come in the next day to do paperwork and start training but I already had tickets to fly out & see my family. They were very corporative with having me start a week later than what I was expected to.